Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 11:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighter Skin = Better?
RE: Lighter Skin = Better?
Britain doesn't rank in my list because it didn't keep its supremacy for very long, and wasn't technologicall, culturally, militarily or economically all that dominant when it was at its peak. Britain was not necessarily a full match for even individual potential challengers like Germany, or France, even when it was suppose to have been supreme. Britain collected a lot of fripperies for a comparatively short time by playing off other peer powers one against another, but wasn't even close to being in the same league as the really dominant empires in history.
This whole stupid thread reminded me of a great comic sketch from Saturday Night Live in 1977.

Garret Morris and Julian Bond on "Black Perspective."

I can't find the whole video but here's a transcript of the skit.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/76/76rblack...tive.phtml
(July 11, 2013 at 8:14 pm)Chuck Wrote: Britain doesn't rank in my list because it didn't keep its supremacy for very long, and wasn't technologicall, culturally, militarily or economically all that dominant when it was at its peak. Britain was not necessarily a full match for even individual potential challengers like Germany, or France, even when it was suppose to have been supreme. Britain collected a lot of fripperies for a comparatively short time by playing off other peer powers one against another, but wasn't even close to being in the same league as the really dominant empires in history.

Well to compare civilizations to great Britain you need to consider which other civilizations owned as much territory as Britain, ruled over as many people, made as many important advances in technology, won as many wars, is still a stable country now, how many people speak english in the world today and so on. All this taking into consideration the size of Great Britain.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

would you rather live in zimbabwe or japan? would you rather live in lagos (nigeria) or paris?
the latter to both!
Wow Paul. You're just retarded.

Do you also crow about scoring better on 3rd grade addition than most third graders.

For civilizations such as Rome, the Mongol Empire, Egypt to rule so long with such primitive technology should be extremely impressive compared to the luxuries of successive modern times.

The world increasingly carried more and more humans.

This makes number of advancements useless as a comparison unless normalized to preceding populations, trends and ubiquity.

It took so long for humans to rise.

And yet your small odious paradigm would have you decry the very foundation all modern man intimately depends on.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(July 11, 2013 at 9:45 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Wow Paul. You're just retarded.

Do you also crow about scoring better on 3rd grade addition than most third graders.

For civilizations such as Rome, the Mongol Empire, Egypt to rule so long with such primitive technology should be extremely impressive compared to the luxuries of successive modern times.

The world increasingly carried more and more humans.

This makes number of advancements useless as a comparison unless normalized to preceding populations, trends and ubiquity.

It took so long for humans to rise.

And yet your small odious paradigm would have you decry the very foundation all modern man intimately depends on.

You're an stupid ugly twat and you're also wrong because I was talking about civilization the computer game and saying which civilization would have scored the most if the game was reality. Everything you just said had nothing to do with what I originally posted when I said

Quote:If life was a game of civilization I think the league table would look pretty much like
If you have ever played civilization you would know it depends on who wins the most wars, takes over the most land, has the most modern technology, has the ability to go into space and so on.

Quote:For civilizations such as Rome, the Mongol Empire, Egypt to rule so long with such primitive technology should be extremely impressive compared to the luxuries of successive modern times.

Why should I be impressed with this, the technology they had wasn't primitive when they were around and actually using it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(July 11, 2013 at 1:48 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: The only thread to which Koolaid has not come back to respond.

Not quite. He left this one hanging and cut it very short Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Summary of this thread
[Image: alggn8.jpg]
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

(July 11, 2013 at 11:42 am)little_monkey Wrote: [Image: Birthday.gif]
Panic

Goodbye eyeballs, it was nice having you in my head while you were here....

Blank

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 1080 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christianity as religious institution in politics over islamic is sadly almost better Kimba02 3 336 April 11, 2019 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2317 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 638 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  We'd Be Better Off With The Taliban In Charge Minimalist 2 1458 April 20, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Top 10 Reasons Why Palin Would Make a Better President Than Trump YahwehIsTheWay 3 1005 April 18, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Who is the better first lady? Michelle Obama or Melania Trump ErGingerbreadMandude 62 9139 January 24, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Better Hurry Up With That Wall, Drumpfucks. Minimalist 1 660 November 12, 2016 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: abaris
  What can you tell me to make it feel better? Whateverist 44 6416 November 10, 2016 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  I Guess This Makes It All Better Minimalist 8 1483 August 10, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0