Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 5:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind faith and evolution
RE: Blind faith and evolution
i posted that before i saw your pope hat, and sure you can use that hypocritical shit with me all you want 'prophet' the guy told me he was going to rush me with his riech that he was building, good luck justifying banning me and i hope you think about how much of a hypocrite you are when you do, goof!
(July 19, 2013 at 5:32 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(July 19, 2013 at 4:36 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: you don't know that it's true, just like creationists don't know that creation is true, do you see the hypocrisy?

Well the theory of evolution is on as good a footing as most any other scientific theory. No hypocrisy here. If you really think evolution has no more claim to being considered true than the theory of divine creation, why do you call yourself an atheist? Agnostic at most, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Evolution has evidence. Divine creation has none. That seems to me to be an important difference.

(July 19, 2013 at 6:43 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: well it was more along the lines of this question right here:

at what point did inorganic material turn into organic life forms and what caused it?

and i dnt claim to be an athiest, they are dogmatic, just another religion to me, both are the same and equally unbalanced.

i am anti-religious

I do not yet know my origin, and neither do you.

Again, this is not part of the theory of evolution.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(July 19, 2013 at 9:29 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: how is a belief that no god or gods existing not dogmatic if the idea is not testable by today's level of reason?
Everyone is telling you that atheism is lack of belief in God and now you say that atheism is dogmatic because it believes that God doesn't exist.
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

Nobody mentioned banning you. Yet. Insulting the staff over the application of the rules isn't exactly helping your case, you know. Play the poor "pity me" martyr card all you like; it cuts no ice with me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
nah i aint feeling bad for myself, i can admit that i don't know whether a god or gods exist, i feel bad for you.
(July 19, 2013 at 7:37 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: so then atheism has no idea about how life started?

Atheism is a metaphysical position. I have no belief in gods because there is no evidence of their existence.

That does not dictate that I have a particular belief about anything else.

You are conflating multiple concepts.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(July 19, 2013 at 9:36 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: nah i aint feeling bad for myself, i can admit that i don't know whether a god or gods exist, i feel bad for you.
Jesus lemur Christ, I don't know either if God doesn't exist. FFS "I don't believe in God" doesn't mean "I believe God is not real".
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

(July 19, 2013 at 9:37 pm)Chas Wrote:
(July 19, 2013 at 7:37 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: so then atheism has no idea about how life started?

Atheism is a metaphysical position. I have no belief in gods because there is no evidence of their existence.

That does not dictate that I have a particular belief about anything else.

You are conflating multiple concepts.

You should post more often.

Reading your posts is like watching an arrow hit it`s target on spot!
(July 19, 2013 at 9:36 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: nah i aint feeling bad for myself, i can admit that i don't know whether a god or gods exist, i feel bad for you.

Oh I see. Well in that case, I don't give a shit. Thanks all the same.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
yes I have maybe not worded what I was trying to say very well,

a belief should be conclusion based, tested and proven.

to dismiss an idea before it is tested is not smart, now if you were to say "I do not believe in a god or gods because mankind does not yet have the sophistication to test or know such things" you'd be a little closer to having an open mind.

but you are using the word belief here. that carries something stronger, even if it is used in the negative 'do not belief' it is a belief and you have not yet done the tests to have such a stance in that subject.

dogmatic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plato's Epistemology: Is Faith a Valid Way to Know? vulcanlogician 10 1477 July 2, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Symbolic Death and My Second Crisis of Faith InquiringMind 13 2735 September 21, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: InquiringMind
  Faith and achievement bennyboy 76 8591 August 17, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Faith in Science? Mudhammam 15 3341 October 30, 2014 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  Our society values blind optimism. MusicLovingAtheist 27 5811 October 22, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is Evolution a science or a faith? Harris 295 66162 August 18, 2014 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  My Loss of faith has caused severe depression Aran 31 7236 June 21, 2013 at 2:41 am
Last Post: whatever76
  The difference between ethical atheism and nihlism is that ethical atheists have more faith jstrodel 104 37360 March 15, 2013 at 8:37 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Please stop equating 'belief' and 'faith' Ryft 3 1985 January 4, 2011 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Faith in Humanity Violet 21 15964 March 17, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Violet