Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 7:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One question for Christians
RE: One question for Christians
All I hear is *twist, twist, twist*. That's what your words are doing with your evidence. This is dishonesty at its finest, and I'm afraid that anything I say will be either misconstrued, tossed aside, or formatted to fit your own erroneous arguments. No thank you. When you want to prove that your god exists and you're ready to begin with that, then you know where to find me.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
I think I am just tired of conversing with delusional, anti-scientific people.

It never gets anywhere as they just don't listen, they refuse to understand or use the scientific method or any critical thinking, and they believe in a magic universe.

So long Godschild, Drich, ronedee, Statler, and your ilk. When you've read a book or two and have something intelligent to say, we can converse. You have shown no ability to carry on an intelligent dialogue so far.

There are so many others here well-equipped to counter your bullshit, but you won't listen to them either. I can just not be arsed anymore.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Then they accuse us of not listening. I'm not a fan of playground tactics.
That's what I love about those who try to shoehorn mythology into a scientific context in order to find a justification for convincing themselves and others it's a true representation of history. With one hand they point to a patchwork quilt of garbled scientific facts knitted together haphazardly, trying to rationalise things like the interior capacity of the ark, the number of animals aboard, the source of the floodwater etc; which is all well and good except their other hand clutches an escape rope labelled "God". Try it out - see how far into the rationalisation you can get before they pull that magic rope. We could make it a competition.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Saying "Science exists, therefore god" simply does not compute the way you think it does, SW. God must be proven first.
(August 20, 2013 at 5:32 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Yes way, there’s not a single family of land animals that cannot survive upon a very simple vegetarian diet- even snakes can.

The snakes only needed dust. Angel
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Let's just visualise that for a moment. Thousands of wild carnivorous animals ranging from snakes to lions and tigers, all cooped up in an extremely confined space and forced to eat a vegetarian diet - and then in comes Noah and his tasty family. Yep, this was a good plan.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Pshhh...nah, Dr. Beverly Crusher of the Starship Enterprise went back in time to meet up with Noah so that she could put all those animals in stasis just before the year-long boat trip. No eating of others necessary, right? No onboard breeding either, for that matter.
Ah, of course. Thanks for setting me straight. I have a sneaking feeling there may have been a certain Type 40 TARDIS involved as well, but I think we've pretty much cracked it.
(August 20, 2013 at 6:06 pm)Chas Wrote: I think I am just tired of conversing with delusional, anti-scientific people.

It never gets anywhere as they just don't listen, they refuse to understand or use the scientific method or any critical thinking, and they believe in a magic universe.

So long Godschild, Drich, ronedee, Statler, and your ilk. When you've read a book or two and have something intelligent to say, we can converse. You have shown no ability to carry on an intelligent dialogue so far.

There are so many others here well-equipped to counter your bullshit, but you won't listen to them either. I can just not be arsed anymore.

...don't let the door hit you in your "arsed"!
Quis ut Deus?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8086 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3507 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7361 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6533 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2814 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 5137 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Are Christians delusional? This one is. Nihilist Virus 13 2289 July 10, 2016 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8818 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31594 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1626 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich