Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 10:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One question for Christians
RE: One question for Christians
It's always a delight doing business with you, trollfish.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Righto, I didn't expect anything of substance from you and you didn't disappoint.
(August 29, 2013 at 5:46 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote:
(August 29, 2013 at 11:26 am)tokutter Wrote: ???? Is that a yes ??????

God has the right to do with His creation as He pleases.

So according to you the bible should, on the cover, at the bottom say something like this:

* all contents therein may be changed or ammended without prior notice....GOD

That means everything is back on the table........right????

EXAMPLE: Statler strolls up to the heavenly gate and says "father I have lived my life according to your word"..(or whatever version plays out in your head)...and god says " yes you have my child...but you know what....screw you"...then he flips you the bird and drop kicks you to the coals.....because..........................

seriously Statler how do you work your mind into a state that can worship this??????

[Image: tumblr_mliut3rXE01soz1kco1_500.jpg]

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.
-- Mark Twain

(August 2, 2013 at 9:15 am)Texas Sailor Wrote: Bite the pillow you will...
Going in dry I am

[Image: Yoda1.jpg]

"Judge me by my size do you?"

"Help you I can"
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(September 3, 2013 at 4:26 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: Then you lose every time because there was never anything for you to win. At least you admit that you are purposefully conducting yourself like a pompous ass. That's one of the most honest things I've heard you say thus far.

What makes you think that simply because there is nothing material for me to win I therefore do not enjoy still winning? Me proceeding in a debate like fashion because you are incapable of acting like an adult does not make me pompous at all. I am a nice enough fellow, I just expect civility. There are some users on here who possess it, and there are others who only possess it when you agree with them and think exactly how they do.

(September 3, 2013 at 6:14 pm)catfish Wrote: Proof of claim?

Have you not been paying attention Cat? They only want proof when it is someone else’s claim. Tongue

(September 3, 2013 at 6:14 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Ha Ha Ha, thats a good one! Yes you are right we should get our ridicule aligned with the right ridiculous verse!

Let stupid bible verses speak for themselves..

You’ll have to elaborate, what’s stupid about God changing the patterns on Jacob’s goats (not cows)? Is an omnipotent God incapable of doing this? Really? I don’t think omnipotence means what you think it means. Tongue

(September 3, 2013 at 7:31 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: The following video accurately depicts what should be a consideration for claims that need proof. I suggest you watch it and think about what you're doing when you ask people to uphold every statement that's put forth, not just on this site, but anywhere in life. If you don't like it, then it seems you will never have anything to discuss with anyone.

That’s a fallacious appeal to authority, what some schmuck posts on YouTube is not a proper authority on the subject matter. Do you have anything to present that’s not fallacious?
(September 4, 2013 at 2:05 pm)tokutter Wrote: So according to you the bible should, on the cover, at the bottom say something like this:

* all contents therein may be changed or ammended without prior notice....GOD

That means everything is back on the table........right????

EXAMPLE: Statler strolls up to the heavenly gate and says "father I have lived my life according to your word"..(or whatever version plays out in your head)...and god says " yes you have my child...but you know what....screw you"...then he flips you the bird and drop kicks you to the coals.....because..........................

seriously Statler how do you work your mind into a state that can worship this??????

You’re conflating two different issues. Simply because God has the right to do whatever He pleases with His creation, does not necessitate that God will lie. It is contrary to God’s character to lie, He will never do so. His promises in scripture will come to pass. I am not sure what point you’re trying to even make. We all get better than we deserve, so complaining about what we do get is nonsense. You’re no different than the former death row inmate who is complaining about the price of gas after being pardoned by the Governor. None of us even deserve to be here right now.
Quote:Simply because God has the right to do whatever He pleases with His creation, does not necessitate that God will lie. It is contrary to God’s character to lie, He will never do so.

1 Kings 22:23 Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

2 Chronicles 18:22 Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.

Ezekial 14:9 And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

If you wish to split rabbits and claim that God never lies, all well and good. But, according to the Bible, he deliberately intervenes to make people believe lies, and to cause people to lie. God uses lying behaviour to further his purposes, which is the moral equivalent of suborning perjury.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I suppose Jesus wasn't lying to the Apostles when he promised to return during their lifetimes. That did happen, didn't it?
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
What happened? Jesus called you a crying pompous ass?

(September 6, 2013 at 5:14 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote:
(September 3, 2013 at 6:14 pm)catfish Wrote: Proof of claim?

Have you not been paying attention Cat? They only want proof when it is someone else’s claim. Tongue

Of course I've been paying attention. I know if you ask some ppl for proof of their bare assertions, you may get labeled as a "troll" or as a "baiter". Damned crybabies. Undecided
Meanwhile you still believe in an all-powerful boogeyman and expect to be taken seriously, eh Cat.

You're in deep shit when Waldork is your ally.
(September 6, 2013 at 7:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You're in deep shit when Waldork is your ally.

Actually, I think Catfish is enhancing his credibility by standing with Waldork. Next to him, Waldork is like Socrates.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8154 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3556 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7439 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6577 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2833 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 5190 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Are Christians delusional? This one is. Nihilist Virus 13 2300 July 10, 2016 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8905 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31740 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1642 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich