Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 2:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abiogenesis is impossible
RE: Abiogenesis is impossible
Quote:The problem isn't that we don't have one, it's that we have several plausible ones and don't know which of them is correct or if it's some other path we haven't thought of yet.

The thing is, none of them involve your stupid fucking god playing in the dirt.
(October 4, 2013 at 9:20 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: Abiogenesis is impossible

To prove that all life forms came to be without God, evolutionary theory must show that atoms somehow formed into some form of life and then evolved upward to mankind.
very impressive.
Okay atheist, think he's got your number. and no, the multiverse isn't going to bail you out this one.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
Hey, shithead. How about providing some "evidence" for your fucking god before you get too full of yourself?
(October 13, 2013 at 1:02 am)Lion IRC Wrote:
(October 12, 2013 at 9:40 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: ...Oh, the bible?

You mean that book where the all knowing god doesn't know that bats are mammals and not birds?

Yep, solid source of scientific inerrancy you have there buddy.

The classification - mammal - was formulated thousands of years AFTER the bible was written. Birds and bats ARE both 'winged creatures'

Do yourself a favor and stop using that ignorant counter-apologetic trope.

So you admit that your god was ignorant of the distinction?

Fair enough, remarkably stupid god you have there though.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(October 12, 2013 at 9:15 pm)Chas Wrote: [quote='Lion IRC' pid='523782' dateline='1381622230']

Life is merely an arrangement of non-living matter.
now, you're being fippent, i mean to say fippant.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
(October 13, 2013 at 1:30 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(October 4, 2013 at 9:20 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: Abiogenesis is impossible

To prove that all life forms came to be without God, evolutionary theory must show that atoms somehow formed into some form of life and then evolved upward to mankind.
very impressive.
Okay atheist, think he's got your number. and no, the multiverse isn't going to bail you out this one.

Actually no, but it seems like your number is "not understanding evolution." See, evolution concerns itself with already living matter, not the formation of living matter. Complaining that evolution doesn't explain how life got started and is therefore false is like leveling the same complaint against gravity, it'd be equally ridiculous, and the answer would be the same: it was never meant to.

Besides, phrasing this as an atheist problem just means you're making an argument from ignorance; even if evolution was false, theism doesn't automatically become true.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(October 13, 2013 at 2:10 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(October 13, 2013 at 1:02 am)Lion IRC Wrote: The classification - mammal - was formulated thousands of years AFTER the bible was written. Birds and bats ARE both 'winged creatures'

Do yourself a favor and stop using that ignorant counter-apologetic trope.

So you admit that your god was ignorant of the distinction?

Winged creatures.
They all have wings.
The word 'mammal' is a classification that came thousands of years LATER.
(October 13, 2013 at 2:29 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(October 12, 2013 at 9:15 pm)Chas Wrote:
(October 12, 2013 at 7:57 pm)Lion IRC Wrote: Life is merely an arrangement of non-living matter.

So at what level then, does life become not-life?

At the cellular level? At the molecular level?

How about atomic?

(October 13, 2013 at 5:42 am)Lion IRC Wrote:
(October 13, 2013 at 2:10 am)Zen Badger Wrote: So you admit that your god was ignorant of the distinction?

Winged creatures.
They all have wings.

Irrelevant, since the bible quite clearly says birds or fowl, not "winged creatures".

Clear evidence though that the bible was written by fallible men with no god to influence them.

Just an agenda to advance.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(October 13, 2013 at 2:29 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(October 12, 2013 at 9:15 pm)Chas Wrote: [quote='Lion IRC' pid='523782' dateline='1381622230']

Life is merely an arrangement of non-living matter.

No, I am not. That is what makes up a living creature - a complex arrangement of atoms.

There is no 'life force', there is nothing to distinguish the atoms in a living organism from any other atoms.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(October 13, 2013 at 7:12 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(October 13, 2013 at 2:29 am)snowtracks Wrote: now, you're being fippent, i mean to say fippant.

So at what level then, does life become not-life?

At the cellular level? At the molecular level?

How about atomic?

(October 13, 2013 at 5:42 am)Lion IRC Wrote: Winged creatures.
They all have wings.

Irrelevant, since the bible quite clearly says birds or fowl, not "winged creatures".

Clear evidence though that the bible was written by fallible men with no god to influence them.

Just an agenda to advance.

The original Hebrew is flying creature, if I recall correctly. Of course, your statement of fallible men is the main point. Even jews, who have more at stake in a clear rendering need talmudic scholarly input(guesses) to follow along. Christians with their spin on things are even further removed from the source.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impossible to love a monster Foxaèr 18 2062 April 6, 2018 at 8:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 22105 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christianity almost impossible without indoctrination FreeTony 118 32954 February 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent. Greatest I am 104 47193 January 14, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Adam and Eve impossible searchingforanswers 70 46434 September 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  The Bodily Resurrection of Christ was Impossible bjhulk 3 4585 February 8, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Argument for atheism from impossible actions Captain Scarlet 16 7542 September 1, 2010 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: everythingafter