Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 9:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you make ends meet?
RE: how do you make ends meet?
(March 25, 2014 at 10:04 am)alpha male Wrote: [quote='futilethewinds' pid='634247' dateline='1395755901']
That has been true for about 1 year. It has been untrue for about 2 years, the first 2 years I have taken it. I think this means that taking by taking an antidepressant that has worked for 2 years, it means that this 1 year that has not been helping me is just due to the severity of my depression for that entire year, and the severity of my depression is just something I have to deal with until it is less again.

What the hell, I'll ask you this question: What do YOU think it means?
It could mean exactly what you said.

Quote:It could mean that your brain chemistry is all messed up from taking various drugs for years, and is in need of a reset. I'm just suggesting you look into it.
OMG, you do not understand the kind of person that I am at all.

It is extremely important to me that any belief that I have be logically justified. This entails doing any relevant research on the matter to know that it being logically justified is true.

So I have already "looked into it" and there is no possible world that could exist in which I would not have done so.
(March 25, 2014 at 10:10 am)futilethewinds Wrote: OMG, you do not understand the kind of person that I am at all.
Of course not. I've known you for a few days and only through posts on the internet. We all make some guesses and assumptions on here.
Quote:So I have already "looked into it" and there is no possible world that could exist in which I would not have done so.
That really doesn't make much sense. But if you've looked into it, all you needed to do was say, "Thanks, I've looked into those things."
????!

*Sigh*

Sad
(March 24, 2014 at 5:59 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(March 24, 2014 at 5:50 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: If I woke up as a CPA, I'd kiss the barrel of a shotgun.
What do you do?

I'm a hippy.

I know that sounds like a joke answer, but it's not. More or less I don't do anything for work. I travel around and rock climb. I pick up seasonal work. Normally I work in the order of 4-6 weeks a year. The rest of the year I live dirt cheap. I don't have a phone, or bills. I live off of around 7000$ a year nowadays, so when I make money I make it all at once. I used to live much cheaper than that, but I do like having money. But mostly I don't work. My life is about something other than making other people fat and rich and happy (except that they aren't happy.)

So there is obviously a world of difference between my lifestyle (which I honestly can't imagine living that differently) and being a CPA.

Mind you I was joking in my original post and I actually don't mean it as a value judgement on the way you live. There isn't anything wrong with being a CPA for you.

.......but personally if I woke up as one, I'd kiss the barrel of a shotgun.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(March 24, 2014 at 3:25 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: What do you do for a living?
Keep a 140-user network running. Been doing it for around 17 years, which is almost long enough, so I'll probably be doing something else next year.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(March 24, 2014 at 3:25 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: What do you do for a living?

I'm a bum.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Hostess at a restaurant.

I'm making plans to go back to school next Spring because the service industry sucks donkey ass.
[Image: ferns500x125_zps9511e564.jpg]
What do I do for a living?

I am JK Rowling's lesbian bitch.

Oh, wait, nope... that's what I WISH I did for a living. Big Grin Wink LOL
(March 24, 2014 at 8:11 pm)My imaginary friend is GOD Wrote: Man, it is possible on the internet for a thing to be a picture and a hyperlink at the same time. That is cool as shit.

Programmers did that. Cool

I've been a software engineer (fancy-schmancy term that means 'programmer') for many years.

Currently V.P. of Engineering at a software company.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
HEY, EVERYONE READING THIS:

I’d like to make your ends meet. Wink LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 9061 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Do We Have AF Members in Spain (Who Might Want to Meet Us) Jenny A 3 1330 April 2, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Just out of curiosity, does this song make you feel uncomfortable? orthodox-man 7 1079 February 23, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If you could make religion illegal ErGingerbreadMandude 102 10325 January 22, 2018 at 4:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  the World Ends (maybe) The Valkyrie 27 2566 November 14, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Cod
  Meet Yong and Jessica Minimalist 24 6295 May 23, 2017 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Life is not what you make it. Edwardo Piet 2 589 May 14, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Who wants a meet-up? Cyberman 5 725 February 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Meet the modern western women ErGingerbreadMandude 192 19319 April 15, 2016 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Five things that will make you feel happier straightaway FebruaryOfReason 21 4375 April 14, 2016 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet