Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 12:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is evolution hiding?
RE: Why is evolution hiding?
Explaining evolution in an easier way.

http://youtu.be/GhHOjC4oxh8

And then watch this

http://youtu.be/0SCjhI86grU
K guys I love you and respect your views and thanks for all the thoughtfull responses.

We've been over this before. I gotta go to work in ten but at my convenience I'll respond.

When I started this thread I didn't realize it would become an evolution encyclopedia Wink
On the specifics of the evidence for the evolution of life from unicellular organisms to the modern biodiversity 2 good sources would be:
David Attenbourgh First Life with lots of pretty pictures to illustrate.
Richard Dawkins The Ancestor's Tale - wordier with less pretty pictures but very comprehensive.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(March 27, 2014 at 12:20 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: K guys I love you and respect your views and thanks for all the thoughtfull responses.

We've been over this before. I gotta go to work in ten but at my convenience I'll respond.

When I started this thread I didn't realize it would become an evolution encyclopedia Wink
ROFLOL
(March 27, 2014 at 12:20 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: K guys I love you and respect your views and thanks for all the thoughtfull responses.

Challenging evolution is like trying to convince us that a pen won't fall if you let it slip from your hand.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(March 27, 2014 at 3:07 pm)Bad Writer Wrote: Challenging evolution is like trying to convince us that a pen won't fall if you let it slip from your hand.
I've seen this before....Big Grin
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 26, 2014 at 7:57 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 26, 2014 at 12:35 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: It's actually laboratory observable, especially with bacteria. Which is part of why we have to keep developing antibiotics.

Yes but the bacteria doesn't become something totally different but stronger Bacteria.

Not quite right.

Antibiotics will kill all the bacteria except ones that have some resistance due to a mutation.

The next generation of bacteria will be harder to kill. If any have another mutation that confers greater resistance, some of them may survive.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Those bacteria are a new strain of bacteria - they are genetically different from their ancestors. That is evolution.

Quote:
I evolved when I took my Xanax too. This would be observable in a lab as well. When I started taking Xanax 2 milligrams would knock me out. Eventually I reached a point where I could pop over 10 mg and be up and about functioning well.

No, you didn't. You became acclimated to the drug. That is way above the genetic level. And that is not evolution.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Guess what? Evolution = SEXY, Science = SEXY, hiding = SEXY!

Hmmmm... yep... I have lost my fucking mind. OK then. LOL.
(March 27, 2014 at 9:31 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(March 27, 2014 at 9:29 am)tor Wrote: No. But other animals can divide into branches and die. Or just die.

Well, won't the mutations that took place in chimps to create them take place in chimps again so that they evolve into that more advanced primate?

Why not?

Repeat after me: Mutations are random. Do you understand 'random'?

If we were to go back, let's say 10,000,000 years, and let evolution restart, our species (homo sapiens) would almost certainly not exist today.

Many 'modern' species would never have developed. There is no evidence of direction, goal, target, purpose, or guidance in evolution.

(March 27, 2014 at 10:22 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Actually, there is plenty evidence for a designer. Scientists have confirmed that there are people of various Religions who have worked miracles. Very seldom does it happen and few people will witness it. I'd say what happened at Fatima Portugal, the Guadalupe tilma, and the medical findings at Lourdes and eslewhere are evidence.

The preceding paragraph is utter bullshit.

Quote:The beauty of creation.

And what about all the ugliness?

Quote:The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter.

Yes, so?

Quote:The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Much closer or further away and we'd freeze or burn.

No, the range of distances is quite large.

Quote:our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull.

Except for the inconvenient fact that the moon used to be closer and continues to get farther away (about 3 cm/year) because of gravitational drag.

Quote:Also, when I bite into a strawberry it seems like that strawberry was designed to delight tastebuds.

Flavor an sweetness evolved in fruits because it helped the seeds propagate. Birds and beasts consumed them and pooped the seeds over a wide range.

All of your above statements have evolutionary explanations and are merely argument from ignorance.
Quote:
THank you for the link on scientific theory.

THe problem I have is that tor said is that DNA proves that our grandparents way back were single cell organism. DNA PROVES no such thing. Scientific theory is not proof so I wish people wouldn't state it like it is and then considering people uneducated idiots if they disagree.

You continue to contradict yourself, and misunderstand what a scientific theory is.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
So Thunder evolution is a fact. Correct?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is God hiding? or are our eyes too inferior? WinterHold 49 5417 February 10, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Objectivist
  Why is god hiding? tor 146 14821 March 28, 2014 at 4:32 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11835 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik