Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you drinking?
RE: What are you drinking?
Beer has become truly global. You can find foreign beers that stink and American beers that shine. Where it comes from is no longer a reliable index of its worth.

For my part, my current favorite is Grand Tetons' "Sweetgrass" American pale ale.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 30, 2014 at 11:43 am)sven Wrote:
(March 30, 2014 at 11:37 am)Deidre32 Wrote: A natural energy/probiotic drink...and it tastes good! Smile
Suppose you didn't find that German wine then?

I didn't, not for lack of desire. My plans changed and I went out with friends to a local pub and had a martini. I'm suddenly smitten with martinis. I think it's the glass. lol

But I will go to the liquor store next weekend to look for it. :-)

I was going to try the cinnamon whiskey at the bar last night but didn't want to "mix." I get terribly sick when I mix. :/
For beer I'll go with Bud heavy if I'm just trying to get drunk, I know beer snobs don't like bud but I really don't think its that bad of a beer. Plus I spent a year at college drinking natty lights so I'm pretty sure I can handle any shit beer that comes my way. PBR has a special place in my heart too. If I'm just chilling though and not trying to get drunk I'll go with a Blue Moon or my new favorite Holy Grail. Sam Adams summer ale is real good too.

As far as hard liquor goes I've been drinking jagermeister for years now, jager bombs are my signature drink. But nothing beats it straight from the bottle. Also I've been enjoying some Maker's Mark recently too. I even got those rose shaped glasses or whatever the fuck their called for the better aroma.
(March 29, 2014 at 9:17 pm)sven Wrote:
(March 29, 2014 at 9:00 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Bear Republic Black Bear Stout.

Disrespect US beer all you like, but if you haven't had the regional stuff and are basing your opinion on the mass export stuff... you are ill-informed. Big Grin

Ha! So you are saying that regional US beer could compete with good European beer?

In a word: yes.
(March 30, 2014 at 8:12 am)sven Wrote: I'm pretty conventional when it comes to beer. I really only like light lager and weissbier.

Ah, that's part of the problem - the export light lagers from the US are uniformly awful, and very few craft breweries tend to make that style - presumably because it wouldn't be smart to try to compete with the large industrial brewers. When the craft beer revolution started in the US, light lager was about all the industrials made, and craft brewers found other niches.

So on the point we can agree - american light lager is, generally speaking, dreck.
Delicious tap water via my Brita water filter. I love water.
When it comes to alcoholic beverages I haven't found anything that I actually enjoy that much. I started drinking pretty late in my life - I think I was around 30 when I drank my first beer. It was ok, I guess...

Since then I tried some different beverages, but never found anything that really hit the spot for me. Whiskey -awful, Red wine - ok, but horrible aftertaste, white wine - meh, beer is ok but I don't understand why people love it so much, drinks or cocktails is ok, but the less taste of alcohol they have the better in my opinion.
Not the cool-aid . . .

Tongue

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
Sven? Looked at two liquor stores today for that wine you suggested, but they didn't have it. I may have to buy it online?

I ended up with a bottle of Stag's Leap. Middle of the road in terms of $$
Very good, though. I said, it's Sunday why not? :-)
The only thing I ever drink is Jack & Coke, and that's on the rare occasion that I actually drink. Single Barrel Jack is pretty good staight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's everybody doing for National Drinking Day? GUBU 23 1912 March 19, 2022 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 66980 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Is it too early to start drinking? Gawdzilla Sama 13 1526 July 22, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Deepak Chopra drinking game dyresand 11 1943 May 31, 2016 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  What are you drinking? Zack 18 2830 October 29, 2014 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Tell me about your drinking habits! Something completely different 31 6777 December 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Kousbroek
  smoking, eating and drinking Brick-top 20 12863 September 10, 2008 at 4:07 am
Last Post: allan175
  Drinking your own urine Brick-top 7 7834 September 6, 2008 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Brick-top