Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 3:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ
RE: Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ
(April 3, 2014 at 7:15 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 5:11 am)Mothonis_Cathicgal Wrote: Dont we have a rule against this? this thread itself violates the rules

We may no longer have our preaching rule, but we do have rule one: persistent bible bashing would still be a breach of our first rule, and yes, we are aware of this thread. Tongue

can you be more specific because i see plenty of people bashing the bible
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

(April 3, 2014 at 9:28 am)Tonus Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 8:19 am)Revelation777 Wrote: People want evidence but I can't come up with a mathematical formula to prove God.
Or anything else, for that matter, aside from apparently mistaking heartburn for "god."

No, no, no, it is the Lord that places the desire within me.

(April 3, 2014 at 11:44 am)whateverist Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 8:19 am)Revelation777 Wrote: It appears that there are several people on this board who want me to go away. I enjoy this board and would like to stay. Since beginning to post the Lord graciously has place love in my heart to those to deny Him. People say I am preaching but I am sharing with you what I find to be true, what I believe, what I live for, and a desire to share this with those who reject the notion of God.

I resent it when you claim to speak for god. Unless I get to cross examine Him, please keep your hearsay to yourself. I have no problem if you wish to go on about what you believe and why you believe it, but I find your open proselytizing as offensive and as it is condescending. No one here accepts your authority as god's mouthpiece.

I enjoy interacting with intelligent and self-reflective theists about their point of view. But that sort of individual would never press on about the details their belief once they understand I don't share them. What they would do is look for common ground. You haven't shown any vulnerability or self-reflection in what you've shared, just off-the-shelf biblical inanities. So I do regard you as a simpleton and I am not the least bit interested in your opinions. If this is the best you can do, I can offer you none of the respect I've shown to any of the more developed theists who have come through here.

(April 3, 2014 at 8:19 am)Revelation777 Wrote: I humbly request that you not insult my Lord, direct your ire at me instead.

Fuck that. I have even less respect for the mangled, screwed up conception of god you've managed to put together. But I can't very well insult your creation.

Thank you for your consideration.

(April 3, 2014 at 11:46 am)Alex K Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 8:19 am)Revelation777 Wrote: It appears that there are several people on this board who want me to go away.

I don't, but my guess is that even of those who do, most would prefer that you stay and change your spiel a bit instead Big Grin

Thank you for being ok with me sticking around.

(April 3, 2014 at 11:36 am)Alex K Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 11:34 am)Revelation777 Wrote: He did in Jerusalem, does that count?

The single-mindedness is astonishing with which you insist that your holy book is reliable evidence, but it isn't!

Maybe not to you but to me it is the Words of life.

(April 3, 2014 at 11:56 am)Alex K Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 11:48 am)ShaMan Wrote: I agree Alex K. I have encouraged Rev777 to try a different approach. Let's see if his God will provide him with another angle to come from.

Yeah... who knows, maybe God will have mercy with us. He works in mysterious ways or so I've heard.

I love when God displays His grace and mercy.

(April 3, 2014 at 12:45 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 8:19 am)Revelation777 Wrote: People want evidence but I can't come up with a mathematical formula to prove God. I know He lives because He lives in me.

You know this how? We aren't looking for a "mathematical formula" - that's a strawman. We're looking for compelling evidence your claims have any basis in reality. Faith is pretending to know what you don't know. If you had evidence, you wouldn't need faith. Therefore, you don't actually know anything of what you claim.

BTW, I know I'm the Queen of England.

Quote:I humbly request that you not insult my Lord, direct your ire at me instead.

I have no ire towards your god - no more than any other fictional character. Being mad at Darth Vader would be silly.

Theists make knowledge claims all the time. They "know" this fact or that fact. But, the problem is, you don't actually "know" any such thing and cannot demonstrate that you do, in fact "know" what you claim.

Until you can do so, you will fail in your task. You can no more demonstrate what you "know" about your god than I can demonstrate I'm the Queen of England.

Good luck with that.

I believe that anyone who believes that our complex and intricate planet, and the whole universe from that matter came from nothingness? I think I would believe you are the Queen of England before I believe that.
(April 3, 2014 at 10:28 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I believe that anyone who believes that our complex and intricate planet, and the whole universe from that matter came from nothingness? I think I would believe you are the Queen of England before I believe that.

Good thing then that nobody gives a shit about what you 'believe'.

Got nothing to say to my last point? Figures.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(April 3, 2014 at 10:28 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:

I believe that anyone who believes that our complex and intricate planet, and the whole universe from that matter came from nothingness? I think I would believe you are the Queen of England before I believe that.

And this folks is why I started my thread http://atheistforums.org/thread-25207.html

But hey I'll bite.

Rev, it is much more implausible for you God to "come from nothing" whatever that is supposed to mean, than a mere universe with a handful of physics laws. Having a deity doesn't make it more believable, its an additional assumption
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 3, 2014 at 10:28 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I believe that anyone who believes that our complex and intricate planet, and the whole universe from that matter came from nothingness? I think I would believe you are the Queen of England before I believe that.

Sorry - but YOU are intentionally adding something to the theory of evolution that is NOT THERE

The idea that something came from NOTHING is YOUR GOD claim - that nothing existed - then a god suddenly appeared and created everything

(In the beginning there was nothing!)

The problem is that you are preoccupied with a claim of YOUR belief - that everything had to have a beginning.

But in fact - YOU do not believe that either - since YOU claim your god always existed

Energy has always existed (It cannot be created nor destroyed) - and by relativity - we get matter.

So - we do have SOMETHING from which the universe developed. And since we know it developed over Billions of years - (Certainly not in 6 days - and that is provable since evolution continues to happen to day - and that is without question - YOU are proof of it - you are a being - not exactly like either of your parents - an evolution of them)
Hey Revelation, can you give us a few examples of what you think god's grace and mercy is?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(April 4, 2014 at 3:32 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:

Good thing then that nobody gives a shit about what you 'believe'.

Got nothing to say to my last point? Figures.

What point are you referring to? Was it this that you wrote?

"If your god is so powerful tell it to come here and defend itself instead if sending its pawn to do it for it. Either that, or wake up and realize that you're talking to yourself. Nobody is talking back to you."

Ok here is my response: If my God is so powerful, which I believe He is. Why can't He do as He wishes? If He chooses to use a weak, simple, sinful man such as myself, that amazes me that He would be gracious and merciful to do such a thing. If I am completely delusional, well, I have not been committed yet. Angel

(April 3, 2014 at 11:53 am)LastPoet Wrote: They can't even define their god precisely, let alone provide evidence for...

The Lord is so great and majestic I can't describe Him adequately.

(April 4, 2014 at 8:44 am)Bad Wolf Wrote: Hey Revelation, can you give us a few examples of what you think god's grace and mercy is?

Well I was heading for a lost eternity and He gave me grace (a free gift not earned) and mercy (deserved punishment held back) and saved me when I received Christ. Please note I am answering your question based on my belief and experience.

(April 4, 2014 at 8:41 am)ThomM Wrote:

Sorry - but YOU are intentionally adding something to the theory of evolution that is NOT THERE

The idea that something came from NOTHING is YOUR GOD claim - that nothing existed - then a god suddenly appeared and created everything

(In the beginning there was nothing!)

The problem is that you are preoccupied with a claim of YOUR belief - that everything had to have a beginning.

But in fact - YOU do not believe that either - since YOU claim your god always existed

Energy has always existed (It cannot be created nor destroyed) - and by relativity - we get matter.

So - we do have SOMETHING from which the universe developed. And since we know it developed over Billions of years - (Certainly not in 6 days - and that is provable since evolution continues to happen to day - and that is without question - YOU are proof of it - you are a being - not exactly like either of your parents - an evolution of them)

I do believe that God always was, always existed, and the Creator of time and matter. He is a being who is conscious, has a will, and reasons. In the beginning from the Bible is referring to the beginning of creation, not that He had a beginning. Also, you are saying something I never heard, that energy always was. I can believe that a Supreme Being always existed but not an inanimate object. Maybe that is just me, i dunno.
Using another person is ineffective. It's been proven to be ineffective because after 3000+ years, only a minority of the population believe in him, and the main reason it spread so fast was through violence. Now that first world countries are becoming less violent, christianity is on the decline.

Of course this doesn't surprise me. Yahweh has never been the most competent individual when it comes to what he apparently wants.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 4, 2014 at 3:38 am)Alex K Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 10:28 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:

And this folks is why I started my thread http://atheistforums.org/thread-25207.html

But hey I'll bite.

Rev, it is much more implausible for you God to "come from nothing" whatever that is supposed to mean, than a mere universe with a handful of physics laws. Having a deity doesn't make it more believable, its an additional assumption

See i don't believe He "came" from anything. He is the great "I AM" - no past, no future, He is and was never created. What the argument seems to be here is you are saying that the creation always was, and I am saying that the creature always was.
I think it's much more believable to say that matter and energy have always existed, than an intelligent being that speaks things into existence. We actually have evidence for molecules coming together to form different things. You can't keep saying everything had to have a beginning, except this one thing. If you agree that it's possible for something to be eternal, I can say space is eternal.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2402 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4657 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1430 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8135 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 2052 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Creating Christ JML 26 3283 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3469 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1492 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3573 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2875 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer