Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 9:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An unorthodox belief in God.
RE: An unorthodox belief in God.
(June 6, 2014 at 3:24 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(June 6, 2014 at 10:45 am)mickiel Wrote: Oh no, I believe in evolution and agree with it, just a bit differently.

If you believe in theistically guided evolution, you're not my enemy. People who want to teach my children that dinosaurs and humans lived together because they think it's a problem for their faith if it's true are my enemy when it comes to science education.QUOTE

Oh I believe in evolution, all things change, I just do not believe humans evolved from apes. Apes are apes and always have been, humans are human and always have been.

(June 6, 2014 at 10:45 am)mickiel Wrote: We can bypass evolution and get into atheism as a proof of God. I do not believe atheism would exist without god, I really don't. One poster here said it pre existed theism, and a mind devoid of awareness of god, is thus atheist. I agree with that, primordial man was atheist, and I cannot see then theism arising out of a world of atheism.

Why would it?

Why wouldn't it? Ideas catch on, especially ones that benefit the people who want to be in charge.

(June 6, 2014 at 10:45 am)mickiel Wrote: It had to be part of a plan of god to have theism and atheism.

Seriously?

I think god planed it all. atheist are atheist, because they are supposed to be, theist are theist, because they are supposed to be. gays the same reasoning, culture, race, we are what we were supposed to be. And god wanted both to exist in humanity.

(June 6, 2014 at 3:27 pm)Cato Wrote:
(June 6, 2014 at 3:26 pm)mickiel Wrote: I have seen this before.

No shit. And you'll keep seeing it until you actually provide evidence.

When will you see the evidence?
(June 6, 2014 at 3:26 pm)mickiel Wrote: I know its right, but he keeps saying I am not backing up what I say, because he NEEDS to divert this truth away, and give the illusion that I am giving no evidence.

I have seen this before.

Ok, some advice.

Next time you say "X is proof of god" -

tell us WHY!!
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
(June 6, 2014 at 3:32 pm)mickiel Wrote: When will you see the evidence?
When you provide it. You have yet to demonstrate the validity of anything you have asserted here.
(June 6, 2014 at 3:31 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(June 6, 2014 at 10:58 am)mickiel Wrote: No, I can't see it. Minds completely unconscious of a god or gods, why and how would consciousness of a god emerge?

Through the magic of making things up. Every generation of children devises new bogeymen, it doesn't mean they're real or that they're 'conscious of them' in the sense that they perceive houses and people and animals.

(June 6, 2014 at 10:45 am)mickiel Wrote: Well on second thought, if you accept that consciousness could emerge from absolute nothing, then I understand you're rationale.

I would like to see your proof that absolute nothingness is something that could possibly 'exist'. In physics, there doesn't seem to be any alternative to 'stuff existing'. I don't beleve there ever was or could be 'absolute nothing'.

(June 6, 2014 at 10:45 am)mickiel Wrote: In my view, there is no need for cursing. It ruins a good point.

In my view, people who try to dictate how other people speak have control issues.

I don't believe in absolute nothing, and I agree it never was or could ever be nothing.
(June 6, 2014 at 3:32 pm)mickiel Wrote: When will you see the evidence?

Evidence can be demonstrated to be true.

I can claim that light travels at 186,000 miles per second. And that claim can be demonstrated.

How would you go about demonstrating any of your claims that you have posted?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(June 6, 2014 at 3:24 pm)mickiel Wrote:
(June 6, 2014 at 3:18 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: [Image: irony-meter.jpg]

Really? Did you read Esq's post at all? Talk about pot calling the kettle black. Please, address Esquilax's point, that simply saying something doesn't make it true. You have to back it up.

I backed it up with a fact, its a fact that evolution cannot create anything! You are dismissing that fact. Creation requires creator, new life requires that it came from something already alive! Intelligence breeds intelligence. Humans give birth to humans. This is back up which you cannot see, just as Christians cannot see there is no such thing as hell; goes right over their heads!

That's not a fact.

It's an admission of total ignorance of what evolution is.
(June 6, 2014 at 11:03 am)mickiel Wrote: Life only exist here, that is where we are at today, there is absolutely zero evidence of human life anywhere else.

Instead of just accusing you of making an argument from ignorance, I'm going to explain what one is. An argument from ignorance is when you try to enlist an unknown to support your argument. If there is life elsewhere, we don't even have the technology to collect evidence to know it. Our lack of knowledge of life on other planets doesn't mean it isn't there. It does mean it's premature to say it definitely IS there when we don't really understand the odds of life occurring yet. I presume by 'human', you mean 'comparable to human' and that's a whole nother kettle of fish. For all we know, our galaxy could have millions of planets with life, and only one with a civilization.

(June 6, 2014 at 10:45 am)mickiel Wrote: And that is just another proof of god; it was planned; its deliberate; its anthropic; its logical; its reasonable;

its academically pointing again to god.

People with good arguments don't have to tell everyone how good they are, they just show them. The 'less-extended' anthropic principle just means that since we exist, we should not expect to find anything that would prevent our existing...it is over-extending the principle to claim that since we exist, the universe was made for us. Interestingly, if we found something that contradictted the weak anthropic principle, it would be the strongest evidence I've ever heard of for God. The idea of God becomes a lot more attractive if we find we live in a universe in which we can't possibly exist. Instead, we live in a universe where we can arise naturally.

(June 6, 2014 at 10:45 am)mickiel Wrote: I have read the rules, I am doing my best with what I understand. If you do not like the way I debate, then I can withdraw my threads and move on.

You can move on, if you wish. The threads do not belong to you, they belong to this forum. We are not guests on your thread, we are all guests on this forum.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(June 6, 2014 at 8:40 am)mickiel Wrote: I did not want to put this in the religious section, because I am not religious.
Fine, you're an irreligious believer in god.

*waits for the moderators to move this thread to the religious section where it belongs* ^^
Well technically, he's a divine Trinitarian solipsist, he just doesn't know it.
(June 6, 2014 at 3:32 pm)mickiel Wrote: I think god planed it all. atheist are atheist, because they are supposed to be,

So why are you on an atheist forum trying to convince atheists that god exists? After all, according to your belief, you're trying to interfere with god's plan because he wants us to be atheists.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual Satisfaction Correlated with Religious Belief Neo-Scholastic 38 3565 September 10, 2022 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Niblo
  Belief in white Jesus linked to racism Foxaèr 91 6928 January 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Do you think Scientology sells anyone on its belief? Sweden83 19 1842 December 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  The Dunning-Kruger Effect and Religious Belief AFTT47 18 4278 March 11, 2019 at 7:19 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  When is a Religious Belief Delusional? Neo-Scholastic 266 27767 September 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Bare minimum for belief in Christianity. ignoramus 37 7817 May 10, 2018 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6816 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Knowledge, belief, and honesty. Mystic 29 3877 March 19, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  How to become a God, in 3 simple steps (absent faith/belief): ProgrammingGodJordan 91 15236 November 28, 2016 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 26175 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111