Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 5:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Abortion is morally wrong
RE: Abortion is morally wrong
I've been waiting for an occasion to opine on the correlation between the experience state faith hopes to achieve and the mechanics involved in dom/sub release. I wonder how many people get their ekstasis directly from ecstasy, in more common parlance, than from beating their head against a pew - and if there's really any difference in the end product regardless of the method used to manufacture it. Perhaps understanding ones own drive and desire for the effect(s) of alt sex is analogous to understanding the yearning for god(s).

Talk amongst yourselves...lol.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 20, 2014 at 1:56 am)Rhythm Wrote: I've been waiting for an occasion to opine on the correlation between the experience state faith hopes to achieve and the mechanics involved in dom/sub release. I wonder how many people get their ekstasis directly from ecstasy, in more common parlance, than from beating their head against a pew - and if there's really any difference in the end product regardless of the method used to manufacture it. Perhaps understanding ones own drive and desire for the effect(s) of alt sex is analogous to understanding the yearning for god(s).

Talk amongst yourselves...lol.

That's an interesting connection to draw. Tongue I tend to think that kinksters are generally more mentally healthy of the two groups, given that at least your kinks are understandable. Actually, I think there was a study that showed that, where those who had kinky sex were mentally healthier than those that didn't. Luckie would have a lot to say about this, I think.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Perhaps that just has to do with kinky sex being more reliable? I mean, with kink, you get your rocks off. With god......take a number.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 20, 2014 at 2:46 am)Rhythm Wrote: Perhaps that just has to do with kinky sex being more reliable? I mean, with kink, you get your rocks off. With god......

... you're always a bottom.
The most epic abortion thread ever.

Rhythm you always kill me with your fancy words. I think I actually got that one though.

And for the first time ever I might have to disagree with Esquilax. I don't think kinks are better because they're more understandable. I will tell you that I have thoughts that make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Maybe kinks really do serve as a means to the same end as religion, but I think they're better because they're more reliable.

Also, is anyone else now reminded of a song that says "drugs or Jesus, everyone just wants to get high"?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(July 20, 2014 at 3:39 am)Losty Wrote: And for the first time ever I might have to disagree with Esquilax. I don't think kinks are better because they're more understandable. I will tell you that I have thoughts that make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Yeah, but your kinks are at least accessible. You know that they exist; nobody is asking you to believe in "unknowable kinks" that will reward you in the afterlife. Tongue

It's a matter of approach, I think: in religion you've got a mythology meticulously designed to be unfalsifiable and to resist even the idea of doubt. With your kinks, they're kinda designed to be explored and inspected. Wink

And the good thing about kink, even the nonsensical ones, is that nobody will ever come up to you in a funny hat and tell you that the way you've interpreted your kink is wrong because of some old book. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Abortion is morally wrong ,.. who's moral's are we talking about ?, and are they your morals ?.
(July 20, 2014 at 3:48 am)Esquilax Wrote: Yeah, but your kinks are at least accessible. You know that they exist; nobody is asking you to believe in "unknowable kinks" that will reward you in the afterlife. Tongue

It's a matter of approach, I think: in religion you've got a mythology meticulously designed to be unfalsifiable and to resist even the idea of doubt. With your kinks, they're kinda designed to be explored and inspected. Wink

And the good thing about kink, even the nonsensical ones, is that nobody will ever come up to you in a funny hat and tell you that the way you've interpreted your kink is wrong because of some old book. Tongue

My kinks have never once let me down when I've needed them Big Grin

Also, if the guy in the funny hat has a deep masculine voice I might just listen to him about my kinks. Who knows he might teach me something I never would have known I liked. Wink

Hello p'slice, I'm so glad you joined in. Would like to discuss any masturbation techniques, or are you intent on discussing the OP?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(July 20, 2014 at 3:48 am)Esquilax Wrote: Yeah, but your kinks are at least accessible. You know that they exist; nobody is asking you to believe in "unknowable kinks" that will reward you in the afterlife. Tongue
Have to keep in mind, that to many believers, their god is just as accessible and knowable. They feel the reward in the here and now - even though the big moneyshot may happen offscreen.

Quote:It's a matter of approach, I think: in religion you've got a mythology meticulously designed to be unfalsifiable and to resist even the idea of doubt. With your kinks, they're kinda designed to be explored and inspected. Wink
I've never seen religion as anything even closely approaching unfalsifiable. Resisting doubt though, that could just be another sub/dom thing. Believe because I told you to!

Quote:And the good thing about kink, even the nonsensical ones, is that nobody will ever come up to you in a funny hat and tell you that the way you've interpreted your kink is wrong because of some old book. Tongue
LOL, Hey, I didn't say religion was better than kink, just that they seem to serve a similar purpose. Submission (or conversely...perversely, domination), ekstasis, self discovery, emotional release, etc. No shortage of sexual rituals in the annals of belief.

@Losty: Whats the difference between a man who doesn't know any fancy words, and a man who does; but doesn't use them? Nothing. I get my practice in on you poor fuckers.
(July 20, 2014 at 3:55 am)psychoslice Wrote: Abortion is morally wrong ,.. who's moral's are we talking about ?, and are they your morals ?.
zomg speak English! Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true? FlatAssembler 52 4195 August 7, 2022 at 8:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  J.J. Thompson's Violinist Thought Experiment Concerning Abortion vulcanlogician 29 1968 January 3, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  After birth abortion? Mystical 109 9758 August 19, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  What is wrong with FW? Little Rik 126 15821 August 17, 2018 at 4:10 am
  God does not determine right and wrong Alexmahone 134 15973 February 12, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is it possible for a person to be morally neutral? Der/die AtheistIn 10 2081 October 15, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Abortion -cpr on the fetus? answer-is-42 153 17199 July 5, 2015 at 12:50 am
  What is wrong with this premise? Heywood 112 19986 February 21, 2015 at 3:34 am
  The foundations of William L. Craigs "science" proven wrong? Arthur Dent 5 1306 July 25, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Rabb Allah
  "God has morally sufficient reasons for permitting evil" Freedom of thought 58 17957 December 27, 2013 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Freedom of thought