Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 2:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism is unreasonable
RE: Atheism is unreasonable
(November 20, 2014 at 3:32 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Evolution has been observed in nature and in the lab.

Really? When has the reptile-bird transformation ever been observed?

(November 20, 2014 at 3:32 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Speciation has also been observed.

That is microevolution...different species of the same kind of animal.

(November 20, 2014 at 3:32 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Do you think that forensic scientists, when examining the evidence of a murder are doing "real science"?

Yes. I happen to be a big fan of the show "Forensic Files", and the scientists actually conduct EXPERIMENTS to draw certain conclusion. They actually use science. Can't say the same for evolutionary scientists.
Wait..so anything dealing with "millions of years" isn't science and is instead a religion, because we can't observe 'millions of years'? Does HM think cosmology is all bunk as well? Distant stars? Accretion disks? Formation of galaxies and planets? "Millions of years" is the currency of geology and evolutionary biology, bub.

Can we only examine things that are within living memory? Where do you draw the line?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(November 20, 2014 at 3:43 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Really? When has the reptile-bird transformation ever been observed?
Everytime someone decides to observe the genetic sequence of birds and reptiles?

Quote:That is microevolution...different species of the same kind of animal.
If you think speciation is microevolution, and you have no problem with microevolution- then you have no problem with evolutionary theory. Done and done. Congratulations, you're an "evolutionist". Welcome to the fold.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Well, no has observed god, so that's dusted.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 20, 2014 at 3:20 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: 1) Evolution resulting in speciation has been observed in nature.

Species of the same kind of animal. You can get as many species of dogs you want...but they will all be dogs. No new "kind" of animal is being created like you would want to believe. No reptile-bird stuff has ever been observed.

(November 20, 2014 at 3:20 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: 2) Why don't you subject your faith to the same evidentiary standards?

I do, for the most part. Some of the premises in the arguments for the existence of my God have been scientifically verified with science...mainly, in cosmology...as we can scientifically prove that the universe began to exist. See how that works? The scientific evidence followed by the philosophical evidence together as a whole allows me to draw the conclusion, unlike evolution.

But I understand why you must believe in evolution, because after all, you have to be able to somehow explain the diversity in life without God, and evolution is the only game left in town...for you, it just HAVE to be evolution.

But sorry, charlie. No matter what the apostles for your religion tell you, there is no experimental nor observational evidence that has ever validated macroevolution.
(November 20, 2014 at 3:43 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Really? When has the reptile-bird transformation ever been observed?

If that is you answer then when has a god been observed creating anything in nature? I mean, if you are going to make the claim then don't be a hypocrite. You can't possibly believe your god did the things Genesis says because it was not observed. The difference is we have a lot of good evidence for evolution and only a claim in a book for creation.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

Through the dozens of fossils of organisms with reptile like heads, teeth, tails but have feathers and no beaks.

[Image: 6bird-Confuciusornis-sanctus-kikkos346b.jpg]

Quote:That is microevolution...different species of the same kind of animal.

Nope. Organisms that can no longer reproduce with each other are different species.

Quote:Yes. I happen to be a big fan of the show "Forensic Files", and the scientists actually conduct EXPERIMENTS to draw certain conclusion. They actually use science. Can't say the same for evolutionary scientists.

They use many of the same techniques used in evolutionary science, numb nuts. Especially concerning DNA evidence.

And they did not observe the murder. I thought it has to be observed to be "real science"?

What "Kind" of animal is this?

[Image: AA123764_big.jpg]

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(November 20, 2014 at 3:43 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 20, 2014 at 3:32 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Evolution has been observed in nature and in the lab.

Really? When has the reptile-bird transformation ever been observed?

Quote:Yes. I happen to be a big fan of the show "Forensic Files", and the scientists actually conduct EXPERIMENTS to draw certain conclusion. They actually use science. Can't say the same for evolutionary scientists.

Your first statement contradicts your second. You can't say you accept forensic science but then demand that the only acceptable form of evidence you'll take for evolution is direct observation.

Forensic science doesn't rely on direct observation, it makes probabilistic deductions based on the available evidence. Those same kinds of deductions lead us to believe that dinosaurs and birds share a common ancestor. You can't switch the types of evidence that's required on the fly based solely on your own convenience. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(November 20, 2014 at 3:46 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Everytime someone decides to observe the genetic sequence of birds and reptiles.

They aren't basing in on genetic sequences...they are basing it on the discovery of a fossil...and even if it was based on genetic sequences, it could mean common designer...you cannot rule out common designer, can you? So if you can't rule it out, then you can't definitely say that it was all due to evolution without intelligent design.

(November 20, 2014 at 3:46 pm)Rhythm Wrote: If you think speciation is microevolution, and you have no problem with microevolution- then you have no problem with evolutionary theory. Done and done. Congratulations, you're an evolutionist. Welcome to the fold.

If only it were that simple.
(November 20, 2014 at 3:52 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Forensic science doesn't rely on direct observation, it makes probabilistic deductions based on the available evidence. Those same kinds of deductions lead us to believe that dinosaurs and birds share a common ancestor. You can't switch the types of evidence that's required on the fly based solely on your own convenience. Dodgy

Nor does cosmology, which is strange because HM is also using that field of science as a justification for his god.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The balance of an unreasonable lifestyle Castle 91 14798 September 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: frankiej