Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ceteloguing the Tricks Theists Play
RE: Ceteloguing the Tricks Theists Play
(June 7, 2015 at 4:02 pm)Nope Wrote: The original point of the thread was interesting and I would like to get back to it.

Here are a couple:

What do you have to lose?  You might as well cover all your bases just in case my religion is true. 

If you pray and something doesn't come true then: 1. Your faith wasn't strong enough 2. God answered just not in the way you expected 3. It wasn't god's will 4. You just have to wait 5. How dare you expect god to do as you ask. 

God always answers prayers, but sometimes the answer is no..
Christians pray 100 prayers and if 5 of them come true they take it as proof that god answers prayers. that's the same odds people use when they play the lottery.
Pray for a red light and when it turns green say "see it works."

or like that Catholic over in the other thread, without god and hell what reason do we have to be good?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(June 4, 2015 at 10:14 am)Drich Wrote: Precisely! And both whether the Bible Exists and whether it works is easily tested! And it Does work. The Book exists, it offers clear instruction, and it works everytime per the promise of God!!

And if it doesn't work, it's you're fault. You were doing it wrong, keep trying... Wash, rinse, repeat. Ad infinitum. Fuck you Drich!
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 4, 2015 at 12:11 pm)Drich Wrote:
(June 4, 2015 at 10:50 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: When their argument is refuted, they claim that wasn't their argument but rather some other statement. This cold be a classic Drichism.

lol, are you an old member posting as someone new? Then how would you know if anything I do is 'classic' or not?

Doesn't take long to read a few threads and figure out you are a one trick pony.
(June 4, 2015 at 7:27 pm)Nope Wrote: Drich, I have read your post several times and I still don't understand what similarities you think exist between converting to your faith and marriage.  I am not being sarcastic. I really have no idea what your basis is for the comparison

I'm gonna go out on a limb, what with Drippy talking about seeds and love. I'm guessing that he thinks god fills you with the seed of his love the way a husband fills his wife with the seed of his love. Amirite Drippy?!?
Drich can't help but to blame the recipient for his failure to deliver the message.  He's a fallen creature, after all.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
# They make their god look diabolical when they try to shoehorn a divine explanation into the uncertainties of life.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

# They whitewash horrible things (cancer, slavery, etc.) with glee as it's part of "god's plan." Fucking vultures.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(June 14, 2015 at 11:59 am)KevinM1 Wrote: # They whitewash horrible things (cancer, slavery, etc.) with glee as it's part of "god's plan."  Fucking vultures.

"God's Plan?" So the ends justify the means in Christianity.

--Voltaire

Complaining that science isn't "researching God" after defining it to be science proof. (Immaterial, timeless, blah blah blah...)
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 14, 2015 at 1:28 pm)robvalue Wrote: Complaining that science isn't "researching God" after defining it to be science proof. (Immaterial, timeless, blah blah blah...)

While at the same time claiming it is blasphemy to test god. How can science prove something that you can't test?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3299 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Turnabout is fair play LinuxGal 15 1488 November 11, 2022 at 6:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  When logic fails, falsely play victim. Brian37 9 1119 January 31, 2021 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's Time to Play...WHO'S WORSE THAN YAHWEH! Astonished 37 11544 September 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Astonished
Exclamation Hell and the Play Nice Christian Cinjin 202 32055 February 26, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
Question Satan's Greatest TrickS (3) reverendjeremiah 0 1622 March 5, 2011 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah