Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 7:09 am

Poll: This make sense
This poll is closed.
Hell no
50.00%
5 50.00%
Maybe a little
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have the right to be an atheist?
RE: Do you have the right to be an atheist?
(June 29, 2015 at 4:02 pm)pool Wrote: Supernatural: " attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature"

Definition yours, bolding mine. You conveniently ignored this part of the definition to make your claim. Again, stop torturing language.
(June 29, 2015 at 2:41 pm)pool Wrote: First of all thank you for an actual reply.

This was an actual reply.

(June 29, 2015 at 2:11 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: 1* o.O
2* O.o
3* o.O
4* ORLY?
[...]
7. Facepalm

Let me parse it back into English for you: I question whether your first three propositions are demonstrably true, I question whether your fourth proposition is a coherent statement, and your conclusion is suspect.

If you can't figure out the context for the applicability of those three statements to your argument, I'm afraid I can't help you.
(June 29, 2015 at 3:52 pm)pool Wrote: The problem with this argument is that you automatically assumes that humans are aware of the discovery of this another race.
If we did it'd of course not be supernatural,i agree.
But we don't.
That's what makes it supernatural.

Wrong.
This seems similar to the "What would it take for you to believe" type threads.

My opinion isn't really and different. God would have to prove its existence, and explain some things.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(June 29, 2015 at 1:51 pm)pool Wrote: I'm getting a headache just by looking at this thread now.
It would be better off for me to simplify things.

This is what i think:

1*Aliens exist.
2*Superior Aliens exist.
3*Aliens have supernatural powers.
4*God is a "Supreme being" or a being that possesses supernatural powers that are beyond comprehensible for humans.
5*A Superior Alien race fit into the description of a god.
6*So Superior aliens are Gods.
7*Therefore Gods exist.

Tell me which part of my arguments are wrong and don't just say "its wrong" just because you think so,provide me with enough convincing information too.
Most of us think that the probability of a God in the universe is non-existent but believes in the existence of Aliens anyway.......

@Tonus , Thanks. :Big Grin

EDIT: I gave my points in the most simplified manner assuming that you're read through the detailed description of arriving at there point already,if you haven't please read that first or my points would look unconvincing.

What if we discovered an alien race that is inferior to us, would we then become gods or are we still just humans? Honestly this is no different from the people who say the universe is a god because its greater than us, which is just playing with labels. Also when you say a superior race of aliens, what do you mean by superior? What are they more superior at doing?
So has the OP realised what "supernatural" means yet?
Surely, he can't be that desperate for god to exist, that he is prepared to play word games for 3 pages to get his point across.  I just want him to answer 1 simple question honestly.
Does he believe in jesus?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 29, 2015 at 5:55 pm)ignoramus Wrote: So has the OP realised what "supernatural" means yet?
Surely, he can't be that desperate for god to exist, that he is prepared to play word games for 3 pages to get his point across.  I just want him to answer 1 simple question honestly.
gee-zus.... or hey-soos?
(June 29, 2015 at 6:08 pm)LostLocke Wrote:
(June 29, 2015 at 5:55 pm)ignoramus Wrote: So has the OP realised what "supernatural" means yet?
gee-zus.... or hey-soos?

Not sure ...you know ....that guy from life of brian.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 29, 2015 at 1:51 pm)pool Wrote: I'm getting a headache just by looking at this thread now.
It would be better off for me to simplify things.

This is what i think:

1*Aliens exist.
2*Superior Aliens exist.
3*Aliens have supernatural powers.
4*God is a "Supreme being" or a being that possesses supernatural powers that are beyond comprehensible for humans.
5*A Superior Alien race fit into the description of a god.
6*So Superior aliens are Gods.
7*Therefore Gods exist.

Tell me which part of my arguments are wrong and don't just say "its wrong" just because you think so,provide me with enough convincing information too.
Most of us think that the probability of a God in the universe is non-existent but believes in the existence of Aliens anyway.......

@Tonus , Thanks. :Big Grin

EDIT: I gave my points in the most simplified manner assuming that you're read through the detailed description of arriving at there point already,if you haven't please read that first or my points would look unconvincing.

Somebody's been watching too much Star Trek.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 29, 2015 at 4:21 pm)Cato Wrote:
(June 29, 2015 at 4:02 pm)pool Wrote: Supernatural: " attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature"

Definition yours, bolding mine. You conveniently ignored this part of the definition to make your claim. Again, stop torturing language.

According to logic i can ignore the other part.Because those two parts were connected by a "or" not a "and".Therefore i just have to prove atleast one of the part,not both.

ignoramus,
Do i believe in jesus?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Jesus?
Seriously?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7161 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5601 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 7467 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Atheists: have you ever had a religious experience and what did you make of it? tantric 110 18442 January 22, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Do you ever wonder if the christians are right? Jextin 46 5462 July 9, 2014 at 9:28 am
Last Post: ThomM
  Atheist YouTube channel you may not have heard of Sejanus 2 1372 June 9, 2014 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Thank you all. I have lost so much. I have gained much more. Mr. Moncrieff 30 7252 March 6, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheists, you talk to yourselves, right? Owlix 42 10701 October 27, 2013 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Have you ever felt you were missing out on the good things church has to offer? artistriley 45 7594 September 30, 2013 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Have you ever been asked:What do atheist`s do? joe terlizzi 11 4864 July 3, 2012 at 9:21 am
Last Post: Ace Otana