Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 4:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(January 10, 2013 at 8:09 pm)jonb Wrote: If the use of hand guns is for target practice, why is one needed in the home? Or are they kept in the home to use against criminals?

Notice how he said target practice was a major use, not the only use.

Quote:Oh pardon me, I just have not noticed all the people in Britain strolling about with guns. You know so much more about where I live than I do. These Gun free zones, are they in the Antarctic?

....? What the hell are you talking about? I said it was harder for people to get guns in Britain and that there are tight restrictions on what you can have.
I march against the Asagods
To bring the end of time.
I am pure and endless pain
And Surtr is my name.

See me rise, the mighty Surt,
Destroyer of the universe.
Bringer of flames and endless hurt
Scorcher of men and Earth.
If a baseball bat is for use at the baseball field, why are they needed in the home? If knives are for cutting steak, why does anyone ever carry one?

IE: That argument is a non-sequitur.
So is a gun free zone, as A Theist so helpfully points out just a place where a sign is stuck up. And as such of no meaning and therefore any statistics drawn of more or less crime in that area of no value whatsoever?
(January 10, 2013 at 8:26 pm)jonb Wrote: So is a gun free zone

Did I not just explain to you how Britain is NOT a gun-free zone?

Quote:any statistics drawn of more or less crime in that area of no value whatsoever

They have value. They prove that criminals read "gun-free zone" as "unarmed sucker zone".
And Surtr is my name.

(January 10, 2013 at 8:22 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: If a baseball bat is for use at the baseball field, why are they needed in the home? If knives are for cutting steak, why does anyone ever carry one?

But, A Theist tells me he has his guns to use against criminals, and if I want to protect my family I should have one too. That does not sound like it is being kept for just target practice. Tibs implies you should practice with targets so you can shoot the criminal. So what is the gun for?
(January 10, 2013 at 8:34 pm)jonb Wrote: Tibs implies you should practice with targets so you can shoot the criminal.

That's just one of the reasons. Some people practice to hone their hunting skills, some to compete, and some just because they have an interest in firearms and like to use them (in a non-violent manner).
And Surtr is my name.

(January 10, 2013 at 8:30 pm)Surtr Wrote: They have value. They prove that criminals read "gun-free zone" as "unarmed sucker zone".

So is it anything more than an area around a sign?
(January 10, 2013 at 8:34 pm)jonb Wrote:
(January 10, 2013 at 8:22 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: If a baseball bat is for use at the baseball field, why are they needed in the home? If knives are for cutting steak, why does anyone ever carry one?

But, A Theist tells me he has his guns to use against criminals, and if I want to protect my family I should have one too. That does not sound like it is being kept for just target practice. Tibs implies you should practice with targets so you can shoot the criminal. So what is the gun for?
I have a gun in my house for home defense....you say that you have no want for one, that's fine for you....but what business is it of someone who lives in the uk and elsewhere in europe, that myself or any other U.S. citizen chooses to own a gun and use it for home defense or target practice?
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
That's something I've found amusing is how British people scoff and snicker and say "banning all guns will cure America of ALL of its criminal ills! We ought to know, we banned guns and it made things better! ...Wait it made things WORSE? hm! Best not take note of that little statistical anomaly! They're Americans, they won't know the difference!"

Except we do, because like how the stereotype that all Brits have jagged buck-teeth and are named Nigel is false, so is the stereotype that all Americans are idiots.
(January 10, 2013 at 8:02 pm)A Theist Wrote: A gun free zone is something like this...

[Image: zombiefreezone.jpg]

Zombies don't kill people, people kill people.

Wouldn't the solution be to make zombification illegal?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1767 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2277 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72628 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13041 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3134 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist