Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 4:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Necroposting
RE: Stop Necroposting
(August 28, 2016 at 10:58 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(August 28, 2016 at 4:21 am)Losty Wrote: Never say never Bella...I'm pretty sure Fidel is older than me Big Grin

That's why you should coddle him and always give him his way, as you should for me.

Big Grin

Of course, and I will make him breakfast in bed. Every day...until he sees things my way... Angel hehe Tongue
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 28, 2016 at 11:45 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(August 28, 2016 at 3:55 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Yeah, but seriously, please stop. We've all had this discussion before and we're not changing. Smile

I know we've had it before, and if we were allowed to necropost this thread: https://atheistforums.org/thread-41559-p...pid1204140 everyone would know we'd had it before too.

(February 14, 2016 at 9:14 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Simple answer, start a new thread with a link to the grave site. Give head stone details of birth and death. Cause of death is optional.

This is the reason our server is constantly overloaded.

0/10

Posts in old threads are still going to overload the server.
It costs the same making a newer thread.
Maybe. What do I know.

0/10

(August 28, 2016 at 11:57 am)Losty Wrote:
(August 28, 2016 at 11:45 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: I know we've had it before, and if we were allowed to necropost this thread: https://atheistforums.org/thread-41559-p...pid1204140 everyone would know we'd had it before too.

(February 14, 2016 at 9:14 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Simple answer, start a new thread with a link to the grave site. Give head stone details of birth and death. Cause of death is optional.

This is the reason our server is constantly overloaded.

Losty dear, you know alot about stuff like its better to use old threads becauae its more tidy. A reference to an old thread is the same as a reference to a new one, server wise. Honestly, I don't care about this rule. If you don't take notice of the time stamps you will end up talking to tpeople not participating in the forum anymore.

Is it a rule now? When I left it was only a guideline.
It's not the reference that I think bogs down the server. But I'm pretty sure a new thread takes more space than a new post within a thread. I don't know if it's changed since you were staff. Have a look at the rules. As far as I can tell it's a solid rule.

0/10

Also...who cares if you respond to someone not in the forum? It's an active forum, someone will respond to you even if that person doesn't.

0/10

(August 28, 2016 at 12:22 pm)Losty Wrote: It's not the reference that I think bogs down the server. But I'm pretty sure a new thread takes more space than a new post within a thread. I don't know if it's changed since you were staff. Have a look at the rules. As far as I can tell it's a solid rule.

Any difference is inconsequential.
(August 28, 2016 at 12:25 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(August 28, 2016 at 12:22 pm)Losty Wrote: It's not the reference that I think bogs down the server. But I'm pretty sure a new thread takes more space than a new post within a thread. I don't know if it's changed since you were staff. Have a look at the rules. As far as I can tell it's a solid rule.

Any difference is inconsequential.

In that case I just need to start killing off people I don't like. You know...to lighten the server. Where's Beccs? I'll need help.

0/10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm done following a thread but it w5on't stop following me! Mystical 12 1411 July 20, 2017 at 5:05 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Necroposting Excited Penguin 71 8283 February 17, 2016 at 1:41 am
Last Post: bennyboy