Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 12:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(May 16, 2017 at 12:24 pm)J a c k Wrote: I have no salvation. I know I said I wouldn't, but I do every time. Maybe I forget. Maybe I have no salvation. Maybe you know that already. I'll hold a sign. Warning. Hazard. Flammable.

Wut?  Angel

Salvage? Not sure, I only know parts. What do you think your free market value is? I might just set up an expedition.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 16, 2017 at 12:57 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 16, 2017 at 12:24 pm)J a c k Wrote: I have no salvation. I know I said I wouldn't, but I do every time. Maybe I forget. Maybe I have no salvation. Maybe you know that already. I'll hold a sign. Warning. Hazard. Flammable.

Wut?  Angel

Salvage? Not sure, I only know parts. What do you think your free market value is? I might just set up an expedition.

My crooked nose still captures some smells. Maybe. All else is totaled. So, like... nothing to salvage here. Tongue
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
CIJS..

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. You want to push all your engineering tasks onto the designers, then challenge every single fucking design decision, or worse, tell me how to do my job, against NEMA standards?!?

Fuck you. Fuck you long. Fuck you hard. Fuck you dry. And, all of that, with a cactus.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
CIJS...

I love my son's boyfriend. He's the most awesomest person in the whole world, aside from my kids.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(May 16, 2017 at 3:32 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: CIJS..

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. You want to push all your engineering tasks onto the designers, then challenge every single fucking design decision, or worse, tell me how to do my job, against NEMA standards?!?

Fuck you. Fuck you long. Fuck you hard. Fuck you dry. And, all of that, with a cactus.

Sounds like it's time to take and keep very detailed work records, you and the other designers.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 16, 2017 at 6:57 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 16, 2017 at 3:32 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: CIJS..

Sounds like it's time to take and keep very detailed work records, you and the other designers.

Even better. The office manager is getting copies of everything, and she's not happy with this particular engineer or his pet designer who can do no wrong despite the hours I waste fixing his non-standard crap.

The first reasonable offer and I'm gone. Two week notice? They'll be lucky to get a two minute warning.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 16, 2017 at 8:35 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(May 16, 2017 at 6:57 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Sounds like it's time to take and keep very detailed work records, you and the other designers.

Even better. The office manager is getting copies of everything, and she's not happy with this particular engineer or his pet designer who can do no wrong despite the hours I waste fixing his non-standard crap.

The first reasonable offer and I'm gone. Two week notice? They'll be lucky to get a two minute warning.

Been there with that shit. "Engineers" who intentionally leave things off drawings so that they have job security, and when they leave it's a scramble to clean up after them, when the equipment is being built. Nothing like redlining man-rated Mechanical Ground Support Equipment on the fly, when it has to have Safety Engineering approval before the original drawing is released. "Engineers" who modify Ground Support Equipment with no documentation. "Engineers" who "design" a test setup with exactly zero in the way of a Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, and yet are able to shift the blame to another organization, because someone in management likes them. I could continue, but you know the story. I know one guy who fits ALL these criteria, plus being a complete asshole to his fellow employees...and still has a job, because someone in management likes him.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 16, 2017 at 9:59 pm)Fireball Wrote: "Engineers" who "design" a test setup with exactly zero in the way of a Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, and yet are able to shift the blame to another organization, because someone in management likes them.

Would you believe that I've had to train engineers in FMEA. I'm a BA for Christ's sake! Why am I having to make up for them not paying attention to critically important modules in their education? Oh, that's right, the quality of the finished product is my accountability. I have to ensure that they're bothered Sad
Sum ergo sum
Must be all the specialization the humans exhibit in their tribal life. So you have extreme materials knowledge in some. Extreme math capacity in others. And an ability to communicate is some others altogether. My species, I think I keep them, or at least a few of each type.
So... let me get this straight.

You're threatening ME... with YOUR problem?

I... I don't think you're seeing the big picture here, bucko.

That is not my shit you're trying to wave in my face. If you think evidence incriminating you is dirt on me, you're even dumber than I thought.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 974 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1242 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 491 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama