Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 2:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(September 26, 2017 at 7:59 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: CIJS,

Earlier today, a customer had complimented my voice and said that I should be doing voice work and that I was in the wrong job; she was nice, and IMO, she meant well. 

Now, this is interesting, because whenever people make remarks about my voice (TV, radio, movies), I usually just thank them, and afterwards, I'll brush it off and remind myself that there are plenty of people out there who have fantastic voices, and realistically, my voice is probably not as unique/distinct as people are making it out to be; I'm just a guy who tries to speak well.

With that said, based on my research of the voice over business, there's more to voice over/radio than having a nice voice:  in order to be successful, an individual must continually market himself or herself and needs to build as many connections as possible, and as an extreme introvert, this is something that I've never enjoyed; IMO, it is not for me.  But nevertheless, I'm appreciative of the people who take time out of their day to say something nice to another person.

Your voice is indeed special and nice. Like you Smile

Awwwwwww I made a sweet.  Heart
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
KS, all that marketing stuff is what agents are for.
At first, you'd just have to register at some casting agency, provide them with some samples, and then, I guess, wait.
CIJS

Hell nah am i coming into work on my day off, especially considering i'm going out with the girlfriend! D:
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
CIJS, every child I've met that has ADHD has very little or no discipline from their parents.
These same parents seem to just accept the diagnosis as fact immediately.
I'm not saying that ADHD isn't real, but can't they even put up a little bit of a fight for their child's future to be stigma free?
Is it easier to accept the verdict and relinquish all responsibility of being a parent with a piece of paper from a doctor being your 'Get out of jail free card'?
What does it do to a child when they stand up out of the box they came in and it says 'broken' on the side?
Granted, I'm no expert and I could very well be talking out of my arse, but my heart really hurts for these kids.
(September 26, 2017 at 6:56 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 6:50 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: No, that's Candi Staton. I just posted it for the words. I sing occasionally. There are only 8 notes, right? So given a random shot, I'm bound to hit the right one occasionally.Big Grin

Cool song though.  Once I get my new cables for my mic, assuming that fixes things, I might actually do some straight singing for once. That's cool that you write. I was an aspiring writer of fiction in High School but I couldn't write enough words. So mainly I wrote stupid stories intended to be funny.

I write lyrics to Industrial tracks, but that honestly doesn't take so much artistry.
Oh man. You sing! That's way kewl. Are you serious about it?What's an industrial track? Is that like a jingle for a commercial?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(September 27, 2017 at 8:24 am)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 6:56 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: Cool song though.  Once I get my new cables for my mic, assuming that fixes things, I might actually do some straight singing for once. That's cool that you write. I was an aspiring writer of fiction in High School but I couldn't write enough words. So mainly I wrote stupid stories intended to be funny.

I write lyrics to Industrial tracks, but that honestly doesn't take so much artistry.
Oh man. You sing! That's way kewl. Are you serious about it?What's an industrial track? Is that like a jingle for a commercial?
I haven't really sang on a track for a long time. Industrial Music is a harsh/dark type of music that tends to be oriented around synthesizers. The sub-genre I make is kind of dance/club oriented.

Mainly I've been kind of growling or doing vocoder vocals(robot sounding)
I heard a track by God Module and was singing along and thought maybe I can sing like that in one of my tracks.

I'm not pro by any means. I like to think I'm a decent amateur. Soundcloud has a lot of artists making that kind of music that are just as good as me, and not just a few that are better.
CIJS - I think I may have misjudged you. I thought you had grown into someone who wouldn't do something so hurtful and insensitive to someone who considers you a friend. It appears I was wrong about that.
(September 27, 2017 at 8:15 am)Little lunch Wrote: CIJS, every child I've met that has ADHD has very little or no discipline from their parents.
These same parents seem to just accept the diagnosis as fact immediately.
I'm not saying that ADHD isn't real, but can't they even put up a little bit of a fight for their child's future to be stigma free?
Is it easier to accept the verdict and relinquish all responsibility of being a parent with a piece of paper from a doctor being your 'Get out of jail free card'?
What does it do to a child when they stand up out of the box they came in and it says 'broken' on the side?
Granted, I'm no expert and I could very well be talking out of my arse, but my heart really hurts for these kids.

As a person who was dx'd with ADHD at age 7 and still has it to this day at age 46, I guess I'll be the first person you know who was heavily disciplined. My stepdad beat the shit out of me for seven years if I so much as looked wrong or breathed the wrong way. I was grounded for the slightest infraction. I certainly didn't get any free passes in my life.

I honestly don't think that being disciplined or not, really has anything to do with it. The "H" part of ADHD stands for Hyperactivity. Meds might help that, but not every parent wants to make their kids take meds that only cause their kid to become sedated in some way. Ritalin does that. It did that to me and I was taken off of it. And not every parent just gives up or doesn't fight for their kids. 

ADHD isn't curable. ADHD is frustrating for anyone who has it. We have trouble getting the thoughts in our head organized enough so that when we have a task to perform, it's often difficult to stay focused. We have to work twice as hard just to concentrate on things that most other people can easily do. 

Life with ADHD is not limited to seeing a kid bouncing off walls or not listening to their parents. It's way more complicated than that. And unless you can actually step inside the shoes of not only the person with ADHD, but the parent's shoes as well - please don't be so judgmental. It really hurts us.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
CIJS

It has officially begun. It’s taken months of preparing and I won’t back down. A judge will say the last word. This is it. It’s finally here. Money is no longer a road block.

But cijs? Nobody will ever understand how this is so difficult. Why do you feel bad for him? Why do you want to make sure he’s ok afterwards? Why not hit him harder? Fuck. Fuck. You won’t get it. I get you and why you think that way, but there is no possibility of you understanding me. I feel it. How can I still care about the feelings and well being of someone who calls me a whore, tells people I have HIV (I don’t), threatens me, crashes into my car, breaks into my home, searches my car, breaks my furniture, tracks my phone, follows me around, tells my kids I’m not good enough, left me for another woman? I won’t list excuses for him. I won’t, because my reason tells me it’s not enough. I just care. I can’t not worry. That doesn’t mean I won’t do it. I will. It’s already started. It doesn’t mean he won’t have to face the consequences. He will. But stop telling me I’m stupid because I feel bad that he’s in pain. I can’t help not being a bitch. I’m not like him. Caring about his well being does not mean I have feelings for him in a romantic way, it just means I was with him for 11 years and fuck. I want him to get better. As hard as I try to be hard, to be cold, to be tough... fuck, yo. I’m really not. My heart hurts for him. I’m so sad for him. He might lose his job. Fuck. I know he caused this, but I’m hurting for his pain even though I will definitely go all the way with this. I just can’t be a bitch that feels nothing. I feel sorry for him. I really do.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
People should be more understanding of it. You are good person with a big heart. He may not be deserving of your kindness but you should never let anyone make you feel bad for giving kindness where it may not be deserved.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 959 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1235 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 484 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama