Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 8:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(August 15, 2018 at 10:05 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: CIJS-

If you ever wonder whether the people you meet online and never meet in person care about you - well, they do. Just found out someone I befriended on another forum died recently in a car crash. About the same age as me, same mindset, she had a daughter same age as mine. Never met her in person but here I am, shedding a tear because she's gone. I'll miss you, Deb.

-Teresa

I met a woman named Heidi online via a mutual interest in yoga. We met online when we were both going through a hard time. Arguably, she had it worse and handled it much better. Sadly, she later learned that she was dying of cancer. It took what felt like just a few weeks for her to go. I was very sad. The last thing she told me was that she loved me. She barely knew me, but I believe her. I grieved sincerely for her.

In other words, I agree with you, and understand what you're going through. Your loss is not diminished by lack of physical proximity. I'm sorry for your loss and for your friend's tragic death.
(August 18, 2018 at 5:23 pm)Joods Wrote: Ever get the feeling that no one wants you around?

If I could just disappear into an abyss that'd be great.

Yes. Way too often. But you know what? Fuck everyone, I want to be around. They will have to pry my life away from my cold dead hands. But that's beside the point. Even though I can't say I know you, I think you're a sweet person, and I sure want you around. Fuck the abyss. It sucks, it's all dark and there's nothing to do. Blah.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Thanks Luc. I'm trying. I just get no respect at my house and I cannot walk away. You have to have things in place for that to happen and none of those things are in place at the moment.

Some days are better than others but today isn't one of them.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 18, 2018 at 6:04 pm)Joods Wrote: Thanks Luc. I'm trying. I just get no respect at my house and I cannot walk away. You have to have things in place for that to happen and none of those things are in place at the moment.

Some days are better than others but today isn't one of them.

I understand perfectly. I too have this kind of days, and this month has been particularly shitty. But hey, the sun rises eventually. What matters is to live to see it shine.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Wish people would stop fucking messaging me to tell me they are pregnant, when they know what happened to me and what I'm dealing with now. I mean, seriously, are people complete idiots? They're just like "Heyyy, just wanted to let you know so you don't find out through facebook or something that I am pregnant..." ...as if ruining my day and on top of that putting me on the spot to have to congratulate them and lie by saying I'm happy for them when in fact I am not, is a better option. I'd MUCH rather find out some other way so that I can just not say anything and know to avoid you. Maybe I'm a shitty person or something, but if you are pregnant, I am NOT happy for you. A better woman would be, but I'm just not. Hearing the news only pours more salt on a wound that will never heal and makes it feel like I just got punched in the heart. It certainly does not make me feel "happy for you," and the last thing I wanna do is congratulate your ass. If you're pregnant, just leave me the eff alone. I don't want to hear about it and I don't want to hear about your damn children.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(August 20, 2018 at 8:31 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Wish people would stop fucking messaging me to tell me they are pregnant, when they know what happened to me and what I'm dealing with now. I mean, seriously, are people complete idiots? They're just like "Heyyy, just wanted to let you know so you don't find out through facebook or something that I am pregnant..." ...as if ruining my day and on top of that putting me on the spot to have to congratulate them and lie by saying I'm happy for them when in fact I am not, is a better option. I'd MUCH rather find out some other way so that I can just not say anything and know to avoid you. Maybe I'm a shitty person or something, but if you are pregnant, I am NOT happy for you. A better woman would be, but I'm just not. Hearing the news only pours more salt on a wound that will never heal and makes it feel like I just got punched in the heart. It certainly does not make me feel "happy for you," and the last thing I wanna do is congratulate your ass. If you're pregnant, just leave me the eff alone. I don't want to hear about it and I don't want to hear about your damn children.

Um............. I'm pregnant.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Wow brewer. That wasn't even remotely funny. You just took being insensitive to a whole other level.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 20, 2018 at 8:34 pm)Joods Wrote: Wow brewer. That wasn't even remotely funny. You just took being insensitive to a whole other level.

What, to soon?

I think CL knows I'm pulling (have always been) for her.
(August 20, 2018 at 8:37 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(August 20, 2018 at 8:34 pm)Joods Wrote: Wow brewer. That wasn't even remotely funny. You just took being insensitive to a whole other level.

What, to soon?

Way too soon dude. Listen, men don't grieve about the loss of carrying a baby the way women do. And men just don't fully get it, try as they might. There's something special and magical about a woman growing and making another human. So yeah, it was just way too soon. I lost a little one in August 2013 and it still hurts. I lost twins in 1989. I still carry that pain with me because they would both be 28 years old by now. Still hurts. I'm over it, but I'll never forget and that's the part that hurts for me.
(August 20, 2018 at 8:49 pm)Joods Wrote:
(August 20, 2018 at 8:37 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: What, to soon?

Way too soon dude. Listen, men don't grieve about the loss of carrying a baby the way women do. And men just don't fully get it, try as they might. There's something special and magical about a woman growing and making another human. So yeah, it was just way too soon. I lost a little one in August 2013 and it still hurts. I lost twins in 1989. I still carry that pain with me because they would both be 28 years old by now. Still hurts. I'm over it, but I'll never forget and that's the part that hurts for me.

If I'm not going to get it why are you going on?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 958 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1235 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 483 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama