Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 6:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you cooking/eating right now?
RE: What are you cooking/eating right now?
Sushi, Doritos and a Twix.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Made Travis his birthday dinner: Hawaiian pork chops, corn and mashed potatoes guess the cake will have to be another weekend.

And we had banana milkshakes to go with it all.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Shift change in the kitchen! My daughter just took the com and produced a batch of mushroom, egg and leek tarts, and is currently rolling out pastry for raspberry rose rugelach.
I'm all prepped for tomorrow. My hands still smell like garlic.

- Turkey is in the brine. Need to go flip it.
- Collard Greens are cleaned and ripped and all of the fixins that go with it are cut and ready.
- Potatoes are peeled and cubed, ready for boiling and mashing--more garlic ready for that.
- Stuffing is prepped.
- Pecan-Chocolate Pie ingredients are staged.

I shall cook tomorrow.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I wonder how many metric tonnes of food we've collectively prepped or cooked in the last 24 hours.  We are in the midst of an Epic Noms Event.
We did a normal dinner for Travis. Since the boys are leaving for their other mother at noon and my daughter is leaving for her dad's at 3pm, we are not going to the extreme of having a huge dinner prepared this year. I will however, get my homemade pasta sauce made because we are out of it and need more.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Made an actual pot of coffee for breakfast, er, whatever the heck that was I ate at noon. Had some Caramelo beans I bought at The Second Cup (Canadian gourmet coffee chain) and ground them and brewed in a Bodum Santos vacuum pot. As the only coffee-drinker in the household I was thinking of selling off the pot, but am glad I kept it.

"Breakfast" consisted of a couple of mushroom/leek tarts, a piece of orange cake, and mass quantities of chocolate. And yes, chocolate for breakfast is a for-real Christmas tradition around here.

Duck is now slow-roasting in the oven, almost done the first hour and ready for the first bit of rendered fat to be poured off. When I get downstairs I'll get the yam cut up and ready for cooking, and start the cranberry sauce. Stuffing will have to wait till I have some nice drippings from the bird, possibly not for another hour or so. I make the stuffing in a pot on the stovetop rather than roasting it with the duck.
I'm going to have to work through all these Christmas chocolates, god help me.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Prepping meat for tonight's and tomorrow night's dinner. Tonight is roast pork loin marinated in a slurry of olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme and salt.

Tomorrow's victim is a choice beef rib roast. Prime was just too expensive (almost 2x). I'm still contemplating it's fate. Probably season, followed by low and slow at 200 finished at 500 after resting.

KG has a more experimental recipe and method she wants to try. Now that the roast is acquired - and paid for, zoiks! - suddenly I'm rethinking my willingness to fuck it up by doing something other than old tried and true.

Then again, fuck it, YOLO and all that shit.
Administrator Notice

Stickied

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cooking vs Restaurants Spongebob 107 6149 September 19, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 2027 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Andrew Zimmern, "What's Eating America".. Brian37 36 3944 February 17, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Cooking Tips BrianSoddingBoru4 64 3342 November 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's cooking, good-looking? Mr.Obvious 45 2775 April 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1163 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 64847 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1283 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  You once loved it, but now... c172 38 5385 April 21, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  You once hated it, but now.... Foxaèr 27 3530 April 16, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: emjay