Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 1:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tooth Fairy Bullshit
RE: Tooth Fairy Bullshit
Nonsensical questions.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(January 23, 2017 at 11:21 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Nonsensical questions.

You mean like: Who am I? Why am I here? How should I live my life?

I don't know about you but those seem like the only questions that really matter. If there are no such things (no evidence, right?) as personal identity, purpose, or values then I guess you're right.
(January 23, 2017 at 11:25 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:

I don't know about you but those seem like the only questions that really matter. If there are no such things (no evidence, right?) as personal identity, purpose, or values then I guess you're right.

They're important to you. Universe don't give a ha'penny toss.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(January 23, 2017 at 9:21 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(January 22, 2017 at 3:34 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: When the issue is "there's no evidence", it doesn't seem terribly complex.

Where is your evidence for personal identity?
Where is your evidence for human equality?
Where is your evidence that intentions exist?

Hmmm...suddenly doesn't seem so simple, does it?  Thinking
If we were trying to convince you that believing those things is correct, you might have a point. If you aren't convinced that intentions exist from your direct experience, why should we bother with you? You on the other hand seem quite intent on getting us to agree with you...perhaps your thing is not like those things.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(January 23, 2017 at 11:25 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:

I don't know about you but those seem like the only questions that really matter. If there are no such things (no evidence, right?) as personal identity, purpose, or values  then I guess you're right.

1) If you're asking that you've got bigger problems...
2) When a mummy and a daddy love each other very much...
3) You're born, you work, you die, everything else is a luxury.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(January 23, 2017 at 11:32 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote:
(January 23, 2017 at 11:25 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: You mean like: Who am I? Why am I here? How should I live my life?

I don't know about you but those seem like the only questions that really matter. If there are no such things (no evidence, right?) as personal identity, purpose, or values  then I guess you're right.

They're important to you. Universe don't give a ha'penny toss.

Thank you. When I was an atheist I would have agreed with you entirely. There is no free lunch. The lack of belief in God may not be a positive claim* but that lack of belief creates a big gaping hole drawing into it lots of other beliefs. I don't think many AF members have taken atheism to its bleak logical extreme such as you apparently have. I respect your intellectual honesty.

*In one trivial sense I suppose that's true, but not in the sense that truly matters.
(January 18, 2017 at 10:00 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(January 17, 2017 at 11:10 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Straights can buttfuck as well. I never took you for a heterophobe.

That makes them perverts too.

So you don't think 'jesus' ever gave it to Mary Magdalene up the ass, huh?
(January 23, 2017 at 11:54 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(January 18, 2017 at 10:00 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: That makes them perverts too.

So you don't think 'jesus' ever gave it to Mary Magdalene up the ass, huh?

Scripture is silent on that.
(January 23, 2017 at 9:21 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(January 22, 2017 at 3:34 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: When the issue is "there's no evidence", it doesn't seem terribly complex.

Where is your evidence for personal identity?
Where is your evidence for human equality?
Where is your evidence that intentions exist?

Hmmm...suddenly doesn't seem so simple, does it?  Thinking

What does that have to do with evidence for gods?

Stay on point, Chad -- when you deflect, you demonstrate the weakness of your position; especially when you have to impute views, or make invalid comparisons, as you've done here.

It's perfectly simple to me: the Christian god completely and entirely lacks evidence. Feel free to demonstrate this wrong by, uh, y'know, presenting evidence, rather than arguments.

(January 23, 2017 at 12:08 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(January 23, 2017 at 11:54 am)Minimalist Wrote: So you don't think 'jesus' ever gave it to Mary Magdalene up the ass, huh?

Scripture is silent on that.

You're using an Argument from Silence?

How quaint.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 2051 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to argue using bullshit abstract terms I_am_not_mafia 23 6122 March 20, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Old Style Evie/Why "gods" are bullshit. Edwardo Piet 52 10836 January 14, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Comparing Religion to Fairy Tales and Myths Equal Atheism ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 13 4702 July 22, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Golden Rule ? Sense or Bullshit? Magnum 92 36109 July 26, 2013 at 11:41 am
Last Post: genkaus
  Evolution is a fairy tale, the peanut butter says so. The Heff 30 10248 June 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Penn and Teller Bullshit: The Bible Gooders1002 0 1884 May 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Penn and Teller Bullshit: The Vatican LarissaAnn 2 1606 December 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Crowd sourcing bullshit control Ziploc Surprise 4 1950 October 30, 2011 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Santa, The Tooth Fairy and the Fantabulous Fabularium of Innocent Myths ElDinero 18 3559 October 20, 2011 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Diamond