Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Protestants...
RE: Damned Protestants...
(December 3, 2014 at 12:45 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: sure is funny how the scripture cherry pickers always trot out that one and ignore the other 600 Levitican prohibitions.
Yeah, well, Jesus died on the cross so we could have all that stuff. His death turned the OT laws into a great big celestial buffet table. If we like our favorite OT law, we can keep it. If not, we can toss it aside and say "Jesus died to fulfill that". Neat, huh? What other religion lets you pick-and-choose like that?

Quote:Also, quite a few of these pastors that 'doth protest too much' are taking it up the butt when nobody is looking.
Well, we're all sinners and we can't help that. It's in our nature. Luckily, speaking of great things about Christianity, all we have to do is put our hands together and say "sorry about that" to our imaginary fr... ER *COUGH* I MEAN OUR GLORIOUS LORD AND SAVIOR WHO DIED ON THE CROSS FOR MY SINS, HALLELUJAH!

So as you can see, it's just like another True Christian ™ Newt Gingrich once said to one of his wives after cheating on her, "It's not what I do, it's what I say that's important."

Liberals have this silly thought that just because some "family values" politician is an adulterer that this makes him unfit to speak out against gay marriage and how this will corrupt the "sanctity of marriage". They might say things like "Sanctity of Marriage? You're an adulterer! You defiled your own marriage so how can you speak out about anyone else's?" They just don't realize that you can commit adultery 100 times and have the slate wiped clean with a single prayer. So it doesn't matter what we do. It only matters what we say.

It's not hypocrisy. It's divine grace.

Glory!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
Experts agree, Newt Gingrich gives adultery a bad name.
These jesus-freak motherfuckers are losing their minds over gay marriage. They don't even seem to care how ridiculous they sound anymore as long as they can run their mouths for the cameras.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/pasto...-plumbing/

Quote:Garlow compared same-sex marriage to a house with plumbing installed by a plumber who didn’t understand the difference between male and female fittings on plumbing supplies.

“I recognize it’s on the edge, but I have to say this,” Garlow said. “All the people who advocate for so-called same-sex marriage ought to have to live in homes in which the plumbers who built them, or the electricians who built them, didn’t understand the difference between the male and female end of piping or plumbing or of electrical as well and see how that home works out for them.”
Quote:A former Pennsylvania police chief, serving time in prison for extorting nearly $8,000 from undercover FBI agents he thought were drug dealers, has asked a federal judge to reduce his sentence, saying he has found God behind bars, reports KDKA.
If he found god in jail and wants to get out of jail, I guess that means he ran into the OT version.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Good. Fuck these assholes.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/feder...us-belief/

Quote:A federal judge in Topeka, Kansas threw out a suit by creationists that alleged that teaching evolution in schools amounts to an endorsement of atheism as a religion.

According to Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, U.S. District Judge Daniel Crabtree said that creationist pressure group Citizens for Objective Public Education (COPE)’s lawsuit against the state of Kansas is without merit and dismissed it.
(December 5, 2014 at 12:42 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Experts agree, Newt Gingrich gives adultery a bad name.

They say power is an aphrodisiac.

Apparently, it's also a hallucinogenic.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Apparently xtians are all pissed off about the last episode of Family Guy.

I may have to hunt this down and watch it.

I don't usually like Family Guy but I'm hunting it down out of curiosity and boredom.
(December 5, 2014 at 3:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Good. Fuck these assholes.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/feder...us-belief/

Quote:A federal judge in Topeka, Kansas threw out a suit by creationists that alleged that teaching evolution in schools amounts to an endorsement of atheism as a religion.

According to Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, U.S. District Judge Daniel Crabtree said that creationist pressure group Citizens for Objective Public Education (COPE)’s lawsuit against the state of Kansas is without merit and dismissed it.

Teaching evolution is not an endorsement of atheism, it is a consequence of a given religion being FALSE
I just saw Family Guy. I can see why they are so worked up, but I didn't really find it funny. I'm more concerned with why Peter has had testicles attached to his chin for over a decade now, but nobody throws a fit until they make an episode making fun of Jesus.

Hey, if it pissed Glenn Beck off then I'm happy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 2000 320916 May 13, 2024 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 529 62296 May 12, 2024 at 7:26 pm
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 837 124175 May 10, 2024 at 4:59 am
Last Post: no one
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 751 135150 April 4, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 23306 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 46386 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 4266 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2578 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am