Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No such thing as a "true" Christian
RE: No such thing as a "true" Christian
(April 24, 2011 at 3:10 am)Godschild Wrote:

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!

And who are you to say different??

Can you look into their minds to to see what they actually feel?

How do you know that in fact you are not a false christian and that they are true?

The stunning arrogance of people like you never ceases to amaze me.

And happy zombie jesus day to you too.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 24, 2011 at 2:54 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(April 24, 2011 at 2:16 am)Godschild Wrote: No judgement on my part rev.j, it is you who's judging others.
Right..you know who is going to spend eternity in paradise and who will be burning in hell forever, yet Iam the one being judgemental. Im open minded enough to say that your god may possibly exist, and if he does exist, then he does not need your PERMISSION to do anything godschild. Seems to be something you fundies have a hard time understanding about an all powerful god. He can do whatever the fuck he wants regardless of what you say. So if he thinks you are a dick for hanging out on atheist forums then he will surely punish you for it, or maybe he will forgive you. Maybe I made him laugh, so he forgave me. Maybe he will only put people in hell fore for just a few seconds, then forgive them once he see them writhe in pain.

Now..here is where you show how judgemental you are by stating you know exactly what god wants, and what god will do, and you know some who will be saved and others who will not...as if the majority of this board doesnt already sneer at you for being a fucking hypocrite.

(April 24, 2011 at 2:16 am)Godschild Wrote: Yes I know what Christ had to say about those who are church goers that believe they are saved when they are not. Christ said that we true christians would know them by their fruit (works). Paul also told many in the churches he started to beware of the wolf in sheeps clothing. Paul writes directly about some of these people. So your twisting of scripture gets you nowhere with me, your small mind just can not comprehend scriptures. You are not the all knowing one that you want others to believe you are. To bad you left the church, if you had stuck around you might have learned a thing or two. If that's why you left it was a petty reason.
See, there is another I really dont care about you, or other Baptists. They care more for the words of Paul than of Jesus. Quite frankly you are a Paulian, and they tend to be the most hateful and ignorant type of Gentiles in my opinion. I dont twsit scripture with you because a few weeks ago I told myself that I would never post another bible verse for you again, nor would I waste my time sorting through your crappy book of myths to prove it is a crappy book of myths. I left the church because of hateful shit fucks like you. Quite frankly I am offended that you would accuse me of thinking myself "all knowing" when I have the word "Absurdist" right next to my pic, and if you actually READ what absurdism was you would know it is the EXACT OPPOSITE of being a know it all jerk. In fact I clearly state that NOBODY will probably ever find an inherent meaning of life, or an inherent form of government. They can still try, but it will probably be fruitless. How..the FUCK... is that being a know it all? I left the baptist church because I grew tired and angry of its members acting the way you are acting right now, self righteous, judgemental, holier than thou pricks.
(April 24, 2011 at 2:16 am)Godschild Wrote: You see rev.j Christ and Paul both give us reason to watch out for those who are not saved and teach false doctrine, someone like you.
OMG, Im shaking in my fucking boots. Your imaginary Christ and Paul told you to watch out for people who might tell you that the bible is a book of myths? What a shock! A cult book advising its members to seperate themselves from non-cultists? Say it aint so?

Your commints here show how little you understand about scripture and yes Christ gave me the right to defend against people like you and those who would pretend to be christians. If you would pay attention you would see that I call myself a christian not a follower of Paul, I do however study what Paul has received from Christ so that I might become a better christian. Man you sure are a sensitive one aren't you.
(April 24, 2011 at 3:19 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(April 24, 2011 at 3:10 am)Godschild Wrote:

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!

And who are you to say different??

Can you look into their minds to to see what they actually feel?

How do you know that in fact you are not a false christian and that they are true?

The stunning arrogance of people like you never ceases to amaze me.

And happy zombie jesus day to you too.

Go study the NT and you might discover the answer to your question. I really get tired of explaining the same things over and over.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 24, 2011 at 3:22 am)Godschild Wrote: Go study the NT and you might discover the answer to your question. I really get tired of explaining the same things over and over.

Any bit of the bible you care to quote in support of your position I can reinterpret to mean the opposite, so that gets you nowhere.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 24, 2011 at 3:22 am)Godschild Wrote: Happy Chocolate Festival!!! Oh and zombie jeebus say

So essentially you are saying that YOU know MORE than a minister and/or priest?? What are you a witch docktor?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 23, 2011 at 9:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: Emotion is unjust in a court of law, but not when it comes to personal forgiveness. Rationality does not always require lack of emotion. Say a man's daughter is raped. Is his hatred of the rapist irrational? No. Is his wish that the perpetrator be punished irrational? No, because rationally it serves the purpose of keeping others safe. Is his judgment clouded by his emotion? Yes, but it does not hinder his ability to see the situation clearly. In fact, he may see the situation more clearly than those who look at it without emotion, if such a thing is possible.
If you messed with any member of my family Shell I'd have clear purpose in dismembering you before feeding your entrails to maggots. That punishment might be disproportionate to the crime... and therefore unjust. I would then owe forgiveness. I''m not talking about a flawed legal system, but actual justice.

Take posting on this forum. It's never good to try to discuss something when you're emotionally engaged... why? because you too easily go too far... losing your rational perspective. It's ALWAYS better to be rational rather than emotional.

(April 23, 2011 at 9:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: Besides, what about being forgiven simply for finding Jesus is just? Is that justice for the victim? Is it fair that some deity does the forgiving for them? While I find legal matters to be unjust at times, I find them far more just than the Christian way of handling things.
In finding Jesus, a person is seeking forgiveness. God always forgives, because God is ultimately just. People don't have to forgive you, and you'd need to make things right and pay your debts. In my mind... if your debt is your life then that's a debt.

(April 23, 2011 at 10:19 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(April 23, 2011 at 8:28 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: All arguments from emotion Strongbad, which is a poor basis for justice. You may never forgive a personal injustice... that isn't to say that you shouldn't.

Really? And you dont use arguments from emotion? Are you some kind of computer? Are you inhuman? Exactly how can you come to a "faith" in a god through logic? I find it EXTREMELY hypocritical of a god believer pointing fingers and complaining about other people using arguments from emotion..its bad enough we have these mr.spock atheists on this site... As far as I am concerned, arguments from emotion are on the table.. Feel free to cry if I decide your emotional argument is nothing more than being a crybaby.
I don't think I ever use arguments from emotion, for the reason stated. I'm not in-human. We have to acknowledge that we're emotional animals. You can only come to a faith in God through logic. If something is so right logically you can have an emotional response to that.
[attachment=480]

There is no Justice ...there is just DEATH
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 24, 2011 at 6:17 am)fr0d0 Wrote: You can only come to a faith in God through logic.

I find this a curious statement.
God is not a logical idea.
It may be a convenient idea for some people but logical, no.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

How badly you misunderstand it then mr Plumb.
(April 24, 2011 at 6:17 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I don't think I ever use arguments from emotion, for the reason stated. I'm not in-human. We have to acknowledge that we're emotional animals. You can only come to a faith in God through logic. If something is so right logically you can have an emotional response to that.

*sigh* - let me break it down for you again.

Faith - belief that is not based on proof.
Logic - the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.

Explain to me how Logic leads to faith. Explain to me why you would even NEED logic to go to faith, and not just merely go to faith and skip the logic?

Since when do you need inferenced proof (logic) to come to a conclusion to have a belief not based on proof (faith)

Do you not understand the words "mutually opposed"?

You just toss the word "logic" in because in reality you have a problem with faith not needing proof to validate its belief. You want to make statements of faith and claim they were acheived logically.

Why dont you just admit that you grasp faith and trust in it?

I have faith in my wife, and my children. I have faith in my vehicles (well, most of the time). Sometimes I have faith in my fellow citizen to do the right thing. Sometimes I have faith that humanity will grow better than what it is instead of returning to past mistakes. When I make contracts with the business owners, I do so in good faith.

Why cant you just say you have faith that you are right about god and be done with it instead of contributing to the ruining of the english language?
(April 24, 2011 at 3:41 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: So essentially you are saying that YOU know MORE than a minister and/or priest?? What are you a witch docktor?

No, he's a fucking troll that has been tolerated for far to long in my opinion. If an atheist acted like this on a fundy site he would have been tossed out and permabanned within the 3rd post.
(April 24, 2011 at 1:23 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Faith - belief that is not based on proof.
Logic - the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.
Faith. To quote Ryft, as he said it best, and that might be best understood by yourself:
Ryft Wrote:When it comes to Christianity, 'faith' is defined by three separate but vitally connected aspects (especially from Luther and Melancthon onwards): notitia (informational content), assensus (intellectual assent), and fiducia (committed trust). So faith is the sum of having the information, being persuaded of its truthfulness, and trusting in it. To illustrate the three aspects: "Christ died for ours sins" (notitia); "I am persuaded that Christ died for our sins" (notitia + assensus); "I deeply commit in trust to Christ who I am persuaded died for our sins" (notitia + assensus + fiducia). Only the latter constitutes faith, on the Christian view.
Faith has to be based on logically sound information, to be convincing enough that a person should commit to it. How can a person have faith in something they know to be false? I would suggest that to be an impossibility.

I have no faith in anything without reason, and I'd suggest that you are the same. I don't have faith in my fellow citizens doing the right thing; I have faith in them acting like humans.

Do you have a problem with any of that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90507 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2975 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2671 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4574 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5793 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  App for True Christians (TM) YahwehIsTheWay 1 696 April 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Proposed: A common definition for "True Christian" Gawdzilla Sama 45 5321 September 28, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 11862 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  The problem with "One true church claim" by catholics Romney 8 2140 August 30, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  1 John 4:1 compared to The No True Scotsman Fallacy and sophisms Thomas Kelly252525 104 14118 June 20, 2016 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda