Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 7:41 am

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
I don,t know because i don,t have any eviddence of existance of God but i also don,t have clear and proper evidence that God does not exist. I am free thinker.
(March 29, 2015 at 7:23 am)myrobot Wrote: I don,t know because i don,t have any eviddence of existance of God but i also don,t have clear and proper evidence that God does not exist. I am free thinker.

Then you are thinking exactly like the majority of atheists here with regard to the god question. While some atheists declare without doubt that no god exists, most of us are in the unconvinced category -- that is, we have not encountered a good reason to hold a belief in a deity.

A lot of people have the outdated notion that an atheist must be someone who believes absolutely that there is no god. I used to think like that and I called myself an agnostic back then. It finally got though my thick skull that believing in no god is NOT the same as not believing in a god.

Here's an analogy: I don't have any clear evidence of the existence of bigfoot but I also don't have clear and proper evidence that bigfoot does not exist. If I get evidence to convince me of its existence, I will believe in it. Until then, I will remain an unbeliever in bigfoot (an abigfootist).

I now think that a lot of self-labeled agnostics (at least those who are using the term as I once did) are actually atheists without realizing it because they don't properly understand what atheism actually means. An atheist is someone without a belief in a god. That's it; that's all there is to it.
I agree, almost everyone who calls themselves just agnostic is almost certainly an atheist.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 29, 2015 at 10:13 am)robvalue Wrote: I agree, almost everyone who calls themselves just agnostic is almost certainly an atheist.

Yes. I think you recently started a thread to that effect, which I failed to subscribe to and can no longer find. I'd much appreciate it if you direct me to it.

By the way, you're one of my favorite posters here. I think you're brilliant, man.
(March 29, 2015 at 7:07 am)Riketto Wrote:
(March 28, 2015 at 9:48 pm)Tonus Wrote: Now that's an interesting approach.  "If I just say that I believe, I don't have to prove what I say."  In a way, that is religion in a nutshell.
You guys don't even prove anything after you state something. 
So the key is to never "state" anything without claiming it is just "a belief" and then you never have to prove it.  That explains your posting history, I guess.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Thank you Thackerie Smile Wow you just made my day! I really appreciate it. It's always a pleasure to read your posts too Smile

Let's see... I'll have a look through my posts and see if I can find the one you mean. I did one a while ago discussing whether agnostic was a term with any value or not.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Here we are, maybe you could see if this is the one you mean? If not I'll have another look.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-30131.html

Index of my best videos
(March 29, 2015 at 12:16 pm)robvalue Wrote: Here we are, maybe you could see if this is the one you mean? If not I'll have another look.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-30131.html

That's the one. Thanks muchly!
You're most welcome Smile

Index of my best videos
(March 28, 2015 at 3:28 am)Riketto Wrote: By the way thack, if you rely on the support that your friends can give you think again.
I already knocked them down before when they fail to prove that man is omnivore and other things so if you can is much better that you rely on your own intellect but to do this you will have to state only what can be proved not on your fantasies. Smile

Lying again Riketto.  

http://atheistforums.org/thread-24304-po...#pid639279
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5759 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3142 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7658 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35774 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2419 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8477 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13865 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4202 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6515 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3239 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball