Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee
RE: Coffee
(November 14, 2011 at 1:42 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: And 5th, I doubt it. I'm a very naughty, willful, stubborn girl and I like what I like. You might make me fonder of tea, but you'll never replace coffee in my heart.

Ok.
What I want to know is why anyone would want to ruin perfectly good water by dipping tea leaves in it. When tea is boiling, it smells as I imagine boiling an Ent alive would smell like.

(I'm drinking coffee right now)
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Orthanc Black might be a good brand name for tea then.
Trying to update my sig ...
(November 14, 2011 at 1:42 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I prefer a French Press myself, Cinjin, but we use a regular 12 cup pot for every day.

And 5th, I doubt it. I'm a very naughty, willful, stubborn girl and I like what I like. You might make me fonder of tea, but you'll never replace coffee in my heart.

Summer, they have something called "High Tea" in London... I think you have to be high to participate.

Watch out for the crumpets. God-awful things.
I sometimes drink coffee out of tea cups. Does that count?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Min, youre pushing it my good man. Insulting crumpets is below the belt, no doubt your Americanness makes you feel that it should be covered in chocolate or transfats.
Tea calms, stress is good, soothes the stomach, the mind opens.

Patrick Jane drank tea all the time. Smile Smile

[Image: tumblr_lmdl1onNwk1qb471co1_500.jpg]

(November 15, 2011 at 1:38 am)Minimalist Wrote:

"High Tea" http://www.thevictoriaroom.com/?p=6-high-tea

wiki Wrote:High tea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_(meal)#Afternoon_tea)

High tea (also known as meat tea[9]) is an early evening meal, typically eaten between 5pm and 7pm. It is now largely followed by a lighter meal later in the evening.
High tea typically consists of a hot dish such as fish and chips, shepherd's pie, or macaroni cheese, followed by cakes and bread, butter and jam. Occasionally there would be cold cuts of meat, such as ham salad. Traditionally high tea was eaten by middle to upper class children (whose parents would have a more formal dinner later) or by labourers, miners and the like when they came home from work. The term was first used around 1825 and high is used in the sense of well-advanced (like high noon, for example) to signify that it was taken later in the day [10].
In its origin, the term “high tea” was used as a way to distinguish it from afternoon tea. It is stated that the words 'low' and 'high' refer to the tables from which either meal was eaten. Afternoon tea was served in the garden where possible; otherwise it was usually taken in a day room, library or salon where low tables (like a coffee table) were placed near sofas or chairs generally (hence the fallacy about it being low tea).[11] Most quality hotels in Britain serve afternoon tea, frequently in a palm court, and more recently have offered the option of champagne instead of tea

Dodgy grossly overrated and ambiguous meh
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
High tea is just the same as normal tea really...
Cunt
I've got no problem with crumpets. Or scones. Or anything like that. The fact is I'm just not fond of tea period and really only take it for medicinal purposes - ginger tea for upset stomach or chamomile for sleep. Even though I live in the South, I'm actually not fond of sweet tea either, which is almost sacrilege. About the only time I can drink anything of that flavor is when my roomie mixes sweet tea vodka with lemonade. Coffee just does it for me.

Which isn't to say I don't appreciate the niceties of a tea set and the whole act of sitting down to a soothing cup of something hot, but if I've come in from the wet and the cold on an autumn or winter evening, I'm more disposed to hot chocolate or a black coffee.

As with most things in my life, if you think honestly that I've been on the raw end of the deal and you could show me a proper tasting cup, I'm perfectly willing to try it. It's not that I'm really prejudiced - though it's fun to joke that way - I'm just well aware of my culinary preferences. Coffee can bring tears to my eyes. Tea gets ambivalence at best.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coffee and Orange Juice Foxaèr 10 709 August 14, 2022 at 5:45 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How do you take your coffee? vulcanlogician 37 2490 September 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Coffee has been banned...... Foxaèr 28 2717 May 28, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  How do you take your coffee? Antares 51 8503 April 19, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Help me catch the office coffee thief J a c k 72 15175 November 28, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The Coffee Questionaire Foxaèr 27 2497 September 30, 2017 at 6:41 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Clouds in my coffee, I'm not vain.... Brian37 6 585 September 29, 2017 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Tired All The Time Without Coffee Edwardo Piet 52 5732 August 30, 2017 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Coffee review - KAFAE YEN DeDe Instant Coffee dyresand 15 2973 April 15, 2015 at 9:46 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  post a pic of your fav coffee cup! goodwithoutgod 10 2018 January 16, 2015 at 4:01 am
Last Post: Lucanus