Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 1:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
religious discrimination by the reigning majority religion of Christendom
RE: religious discrimination by the reigning majority religion of Christendom
(September 24, 2015 at 11:24 am)Deepthunk Wrote:
(September 23, 2015 at 12:23 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: That's a great essay. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. 

I would love to reply, but I now have a headache from the strobing colors in your signature.

Please change that! (You can leave the colors, just not the flashing.)

Oh, sorry about that, I designed it that way to draw attention to what he said, but I've been meaning to change it anyway. I have it made with other graphics and other sigs I could toss in there, I'll see what I can do.

On a side note, if flashing colored lights give you headaches you should actually get that checked out, it could be a sign of epilepsy, ( for real, i'm not being sarcastic, if your not just joking you should check with a neurologist, that is a symptom of epilepsy).

I was joking. I already had a headache, at the time (I build custom motorcycles, so I spend a lot my my day looking at the flare of a TIG welder, which is still really bright through the lens), hammering and grinding loudly on metal sheets, and in general trying to give myself a headache. But the flashing did hurt my eyes, because of the headache, and made it worse.

It's just so distracting that it made it hard to focus on what you said in your post, which is, I think, counter to your purpose in making it flash. If it's so annoying that someone doesn't even want to look at it, then they're less likely to read either your post or our signature. That I did is just a reflection on the fact that I'm roughly as curious as the proverbial cat.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Messages In This Thread
RE: religious discrimination by the reigning majority religion of Christendom - by TheRocketSurgeon - September 24, 2015 at 11:29 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4475 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  How should an atheist react to discrimination? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2757 March 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Discrimination against Atheists? Spooky 24 4517 October 27, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Jaxxie1181
  A Religion for the Non Religious Catholic_Lady 75 16162 July 20, 2015 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Religious bumper stickers and other annoying religious actions. (rant, sorta) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 53 12853 May 25, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  When will the Middle East become majority Atheist? TheMessiah 99 20710 April 5, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheists/Non-Religious What was your Craziest Belief while in your Religion? Eel_LahjicK 27 8884 August 17, 2014 at 12:24 pm
  Discrimination of atheists Dystopia 32 6374 June 30, 2014 at 2:09 am
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16790 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism
  Discrimination agianst atheists. Lemonvariable72 18 4228 September 8, 2013 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72