Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 11:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why all people think that Assad and ISIS are the only choices?
RE: Why all people think that Assad and ISIS are the only choices?
(November 30, 2015 at 1:32 pm)Ramy Wrote: I've met hundreds of refugees who are muslims and they're desperate for the Syrian situation. Most of them escape from Assad and say that he massacred the civilian population long before that the war started, and when there was no track of Al Qaeda in Syria. 
According to some sources, Assad freed extremists from the prisons to feed a sectarian war: http://www.thenational.ae/world/syria/as...l-uprising

Now I don't know if you are aware of this, but Syria is ruled by an alawite minority which represents 10-12% of the total population. Assad's popular support was close to 0% at the early days of the revolution. By freeding the Al Qaeda prisoners he:

1) Made sure that all the religious minorities (that make about 20-25% of the country's population) supported him
2) Gained popular support both in Syria and other countries, as he's now seen as the only alternative to Al Qaeda and ISIS
3) Prevented foreign countries such as the U.S. from effectively supporting the moderate rebels. The only reason that refrains the U.S. from fully supporting these rebels is that they fear that there are Al Qaeda infiltrates

While I'm an Atheist and I believe that Assad's secularism was surely positive and beneficial to Syria, I can't see how can people support him out of this. If he was a honest person there wouldn't be Al Qaeda in Syria, so why are people supporting a person who created the problem and then proposed the solution? all this just to continue leading the country because he knew that the people would have toppled him otherwise. 
Am I the only person who doesn't Assad as a valid alternative?

He may be undesired, but why is he "invalid"? "Validity" seems in this context to be an attempt to deny reality and substitute for reality in one's own mind with comforting word games.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why all people think that Assad and ISIS are the only choices? - by Anomalocaris - November 30, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why only religious beliefs protected? FrustratedFool 49 3397 September 27, 2023 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1385 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1843 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  ISIS is the Sauds. The Sauds own ISIS. It's America's cold war gift. WinterHold 15 6612 February 5, 2019 at 4:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  ISIS predicted in 2003 WinterHold 16 1776 December 26, 2018 at 11:36 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1697 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why does comb over Mussolini think he's king with unlimited powers? GODZILLA 9 813 November 29, 2018 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 2109 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Why are you American people, careless? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 27 2389 September 11, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Thin-Skinned Orange Shitgibbon Can Only Handle Fox. Minimalist 0 370 July 25, 2018 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Minimalist