Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 12:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God?
RE: When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God?
(December 22, 2015 at 11:42 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 22, 2015 at 8:47 am)paulpablo Wrote: Who is the broader world of intellectual inquiry?

The fact is that I reject a belief in god because I see no evidence of God. Definition of atheism =  disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

I don't know anything about God, I don't know he doesn't exist or that he does exist, I know nothing about him apart from heresay which I don't believe in.  Definition of an agnostic =  a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-9794-po...#pid211908

Your explanation goes back to my previous dilemma: People can see no evidence of God because they have competently examined the evidence and found it lacking, or they are simply incompetent and incapable of seeing the evidence.

Which are you?

Your question is over simplistic and seemingly illogical to ask.

If I am incompetent and incapable of seeing the evidence how would I be aware of this in order to tell you? 

Also you say THE EVIDENCE,  there's more than one claim of evidence, the evidence I've seen so far seems lacking, as far as I know I haven't been incompetent or incapable of observing the evidence.

Also if God does make evidence of his existence alongside his creations which he made incompetent and incapable of seeing the evidence then his goal must be to not be believed in.

Also this dilemma of yours is completely unrelated to what you were originally saying. I was talking about how an atheist can be agnostic and vice versa, now you have skipped the topic of terms and definitions and gone onto a different topic of evidence for god.

If I am an atheist and agnostic because of reasonably viewing evidence or incompetently viewing evidence it makes no difference to the terms and definitions of atheism and agnostic.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God? - by paulpablo - December 23, 2015 at 5:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 6122 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3408 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2611 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3503 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1769 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 5014 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8438 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2981 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How much pain can atheists withstand ? The End of Atheism 290 18941 May 13, 2023 at 4:22 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1142 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4