Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 10:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again?
RE: Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again?
Violence should never be the answer to anything. Male on Female Violence tends to get more attention because generally speaking, men are stronger than women. (If I hit a man, he's probably barely going to feel it. Though I've never hit a man. My sister on the other hand, could probably kick your average guy's ass. She never has either, but if she did I'm sure that men would probably ridicule him for being beat up by a girl as much as a woman would, even though she's a kickboxer who knows Jiu Jitsu and Taekwondo) And when someone stronger initiates violence against someone weaker, then it's perceived as far worse. This is in part because people have accepted violence as an answer.

I absolutely identify as a Feminist. Yes, there are radicals. There's radicals in pretty much every ideology. There's prominent atheists who've said things that not only do i not like, but that I would not tolerate if ever said to my face. Radicals do not define an ideology. People tend to only let radicals identify an ideology for an ideology they already disagree with. Imagine if we assocaited all muslims with radical muslims. Or all Christians with Radical Christians.

People have somehow got this idea that being a Feminist means you can't care about men's rights. That's ridiculous. Yes, I advocate for Paid Maternity leave. Because as a mother, I know recuperating from giving birth takes a lot of time. guess what? I think men should get paid paternity leave too. In fact I think men should get an equal amount of time, even though they don't have to recuperate like women do. They still need to bond with their child just as much as a mother does. Somehow this surprises some people. Mostly idiots who don't get that being a feminist doesn't mean you're a man hater. Because they've let radicals define the ideology, because it's easier for them that way.

When you have people saying that "Feminists are just ugly women who can't get a date", people who accuse women of being on their period (a biological function) and leaders who suggest that women have a way of shutting the whole thing down, or that some women are easy to rape or that what they're wearing was why they were raped... those are problems that need to be dealt with. (The last one should have you men's rights activists fighting against it too, since it's misandry to suggest that men are animals who have no control over themselves.) you have a problem with how women are viewed.

Feminism isn't perfect. But nothing is. You might as well not identify as anything if you're expecting perfection.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again? - by Cecelia - April 4, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Again??? This is why Jesus keeps well away Cyberman 25 5242 September 18, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Worship and Emotion Astreja 32 8279 July 1, 2017 at 3:41 am
Last Post: KerimF
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13759 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  How do people justify the worship of Yahweh? Celestine 13 4815 August 22, 2015 at 8:30 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why would women want to join a Religion? Spooky 65 12841 March 5, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Why worship? robvalue 103 20173 January 27, 2015 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  Women's Position In Religion Nope 30 5705 January 12, 2015 at 4:40 pm
  What could a omnipotent God want with the worship of humans? Lemonvariable72 58 11263 November 24, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supposed Theist Morality Striper 26 7500 November 5, 2014 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Gods supposed perfection MistressD 122 15020 November 5, 2014 at 7:04 am