Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim Imam calls for Homosexual death 3 weeks before pulse nigh club shooting
RE: Muslim Imam calls for Homosexual death 3 weeks before pulse nigh club shooting
(June 30, 2016 at 9:27 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
Veritas_Vincit Wrote:This is the symptom of the 'regressive liberal' concept of Islamophobia - the ingenious conflation of Racism and Religious Criticism. If anyone tries to criticize Islam they are automatically branded a racist xenophobic bigot, and shouted down without anyone having to actually confront their legitimate critique of this overtly homophobic religion. Islamophobia is a racist term! It affirms the notion that Islam is basically about Arabian and Pakistani people - they make it about race. Islam is NOT a race, it's a religion followed by people of all 'racial' types.

Donald Trump is winning because of this - the "You're just a racist!" Islamophobia knee-jerk reaction to any criticism of Islam means that anyone who is genuinely concerned about it feels like nobody cares, and like they are being condescended to, and the only people who talk about their concerns and take them seriously are far-right extremists and genuine bigots like Donald Trump.

Yet Donald Trump is not actually winning.

For a more balanced analysis of Islamophobia (hint, if you're concerned that one percent of our population is going to impose Sharia law in the USA any year now, you're an Islamophobe):

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Islamophobi...lamophobia

If critics of  Islam want to say the violence is real, sure. If they also want to claim it is religious based, I can agree with that too. But yea, only a fucking idiot thinks 1 billion people out of 7 billion total will take over the entire planet. The danger into buying into that paranoia is the same bullshit they fall for, and that is what can lead to global war. But if we can accept that there is no more room for any one group to expand, and this is the only rock all 7 billion humans have, no the violence wont completely go away, but we can at least avoid a worldwide global disaster in a global nuclear war.

I really hate it when westerners, including some atheists, falsely accuse me of coddling Quran justified violence. Nobody should condone that. But I do warn those in the west that scapegoating in the process of rightful criticism and blasphemy is simply not the solution to reduce religious violence.

It is simply not wise to take your eyes off of any religion, regardless of which volcano is more active. I think far too many in the west take secular law for granted. It still remains that the west became more civil in spite of Christianity, not because of it. All three religions of Abraham have holy books that depict the rival tribalism of the times in which they were respectively written. It is ok to go after bad ideas and bad claims, but to forget the origins of the social norms depicted in all three, is dangerous.

There never was such a thing as a "chosen people". That is literally the root cause of the divisions between the three. I think the more humans face that instead of dodging it, you still wont have a perfect utopia, but you can increase better conflict management.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Muslim Imam calls for Homosexual death 3 weeks before pulse nigh club shooting - by Brian37 - June 30, 2016 at 10:40 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 5199 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5856 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2398 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1328 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Said no Imam ever LinuxGal 0 477 November 29, 2022 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1404 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4989 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 4135 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 806 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 2013 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13