Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs".
[Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs".
In the Quran, it was mentioned clearly that the "Pharaoh" in Moses's story ruled after Joseph's era:

Quote:Sura 40, The Quran:
https://quran.com/40?startingVerse=28

(28) A believing man from Pharaoh’s people, who was hiding his faith, argued, “Will you kill a man1 ˹only˺ for saying: ‘My Lord is Allah,’ while he has in fact come to you with clear proofs from your Lord? If he is a liar, it will be to his own loss. But if he is truthful, then you will be afflicted with some of what he is threatening you with. Surely Allah does not guide whoever is a transgressor, a total liar.

(44) Joseph already came to you earlier with clear proofs, yet you never ceased to doubt what he came to you with. When he died you said, ‘Allah will never send a messenger after him.’ This is how Allah leaves every transgressor and doubter to stray—

It was highly speculated that the Pharoh of Moses is nothing but the infamous Ramesses II.

Ramesses II came after Akhnaten, that worshiped a single God defined by being the light of the universe; you can find details in my previous topic.
RE: [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs".
(August 14, 2023 at 4:43 am)WinterHold Wrote: In the Quran, it was mentioned clearly that the "Pharaoh" in Moses's story ruled after Joseph's era:

(28) A believing man from Pharaoh’s people, who was hiding his faith, argued, “Will you kill a man1 ˹only˺ for saying: ‘My Lord is Allah,’ while he has in fact come to you with clear proofs from your Lord? If he is a liar, it will be to his own loss. But if he is truthful, then you will be afflicted with some of what he is threatening you with. Surely Allah does not guide whoever is a transgressor, a total liar.

(44) Joseph already came to you earlier with clear proofs, yet you never ceased to doubt what he came to you with. When he died you said, ‘Allah will never send a messenger after him.’ This is how Allah leaves every transgressor and doubter to stray—

It was highly speculated that the Pharoh of Moses is nothing but the infamous Ramesses II.

Ramesses II came after Akhnaten, that worshiped a single God defined by being the light of the universe; you can find details in my previous topic.

This is all very confusing. Why bring up Joseph, Akhenaten, and Ramesses? Allah wasn't even invented until the 7th century.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs".
One minor problem for these clear proof Winter. Neither Akhenaten nor Ramesses chased down an army of runaway jews.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 14, 2023 at 5:05 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 14, 2023 at 4:43 am)WinterHold Wrote: In the Quran, it was mentioned clearly that the "Pharaoh" in Moses's story ruled after Joseph's era:

This is all very confusing. Why bring up Joseph, Akhenaten, and Ramesses? Allah wasn't even invented until the 7th century.

Boru

Allah = The Father = Yahweh
The same entity; known in different cultures with different names.

I suspect that even Heathens worshiped the same entity but applied "fragmentation" to his unity; take the Greeks; they knew Allah/The father/Yahweh, but fragmented his unity into so many mini-Gods.

It's even mentioned explicitly in the Quran:

Quote:Sura 43, The Quran:
https://quran.com/43?startingVerse=15

(15) Still the pagans have made some of His creation out to be a part of Him.1 Indeed, humankind is clearly ungrateful.

For example, the Greeks. They take "God's strength"; assign it to a seprate entity called "Mars"; calling Mars "the God of war"; a piece of the original God yet a separate one.

They build a temple for "Mars"; they say Mars is holy, because Mars is a piece of God.
Humankind is indeed ungrateful to God.

You really don't understand your audience or how to read a room, do you? Dodgy
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 14, 2023 at 5:38 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: One minor problem for these clear proof Winter.  Neither Akhenaten nor Ramesses chased down an army of runaway jews.

Ramesses 2 drowned at sea:

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-th...s-II-mummy
allah must be very proud of how stupid his followers are
(August 14, 2023 at 1:14 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(August 14, 2023 at 5:38 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: One minor problem for these clear proof Winter.  Neither Akhenaten nor Ramesses chased down an army of runaway jews.

I doubt he was chasing Jews in a chariot at 90 years old with a bad back and a potentially fatal mouth infection; then drowned in the Red Sea and got his body recovered and mummified. Maybe he drowned, but even if so, that isn't how it happened.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Since when did quora become worth citing as a source?
(August 14, 2023 at 1:14 pm)WinterHold Wrote:

No, he didn’t. The salt in the mummy wasn’t sea salt. And - as has been mentioned - Ramesses II was in no condition to lead an army that was chasing Jews who were never there to begin with.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: The Aten. WinterHold 35 2836 June 10, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Quranic Reflection]: the sound of hell. WinterHold 13 1494 April 18, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Quranic reflection]: Homosexuality is nothing but Sexual Gratification. WinterHold 58 4326 March 27, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3123 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part IV: the noodle effect. WinterHold 21 2147 November 25, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Quranic reflection]: What is time? WinterHold 13 1341 July 29, 2022 at 3:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4402 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part III WinterHold 71 4817 May 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: JairCrawford
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12380 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part II WinterHold 38 2746 December 21, 2021 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris