Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
(July 4, 2016 at 4:04 am)Alex K Wrote:
(July 4, 2016 at 4:02 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: The emotion contained within the analogy does not discredit the analogy. Limiting freedom should be emotional too, after all, should it not?

I did acknowledge her point. She thinks limiting freedoms for both sexes is fair because then both sexes are equally discriminated against. As I have been trying to explain, discriminating against both sexes instead of one is twice as unfair. I've been addressing the point the whole time.

This may be arguing semantics, but is "discrimination against both sexes" a thing?

Probably not. I worded that badly. Yeah it's semantics. I'll rephrase: Limiting both sexes' freedoms and therefore limiting the freedoms of about twice as many people is about twice as bad as limiting the freedom of one sex.

I paraphrase myself and reiterate so many times to try and get the point across I often end up ballsing up by saying something that doesn't make sense, lol. It doesn't discredit all the times I said it correctly though Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. - by Edwardo Piet - July 4, 2016 at 4:07 am
Ignore this - by bennyboy - July 9, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 694119 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum? Heatheness 702 64514 July 7, 2016 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action Shell B 94 43957 June 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  [split] Quoting Full Articles Violet 8 3845 April 27, 2010 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Tiberius