Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 4:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux
Yeah, I've been a plumper for sustainable this and that's for a long time.  They got me early, back in grade school, lol.  When it wasn't trendy I'd get shit for being a hippie or a luddite, despite being neither of those things.  Now that the whole thing has been coopted by the lowest common denominator, I'm getting shit from the same people as though I'm somehow against sustainable solutions.  

Watching the green revolution get bought out and packaged as a commodity turned me into a zealot.  I did a little career tourism in solar, sustainable building, etc.  It only deepened my disillusionment.  At this point I have no faith in business or government..or..really, any top down solution.  I see that as waiting for a hero to bring a holy relic down from the mountain.  Well, if it was going to happen...I don;t know that we have the time to wait for whomever that is to finish their labors or slay the gorgon or what have you.  I think it has to come from the bottom up.  A luxury car, electric or not, solar or not...isn't going to get us to the finish line.  We have to rethink the way we source our food, our energy, the way we build our houses, the way we organize our communities, how we allocate our money, the ends to which we manufacture -anything-, and how we use those things once we've made them. More than just rethinking, we have to deploy those solutions that actually are solutions on a global scale, and that sets more constraints on what is or is not a good idea.

Succeed or fail, either way, how we respond to our current situation is going to be a defining moment for humanity.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by Excited Penguin - July 22, 2016 at 3:36 pm
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by The Grand Nudger - July 22, 2016 at 3:59 pm
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by Excited Penguin - July 22, 2016 at 4:23 pm
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by thesummerqueen - July 22, 2016 at 4:13 pm
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by Excited Penguin - July 22, 2016 at 4:20 pm
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by brewer - July 22, 2016 at 4:21 pm
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by The Grand Nudger - July 26, 2016 at 1:45 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by Excited Penguin - July 26, 2016 at 6:50 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by ignoramus - July 26, 2016 at 3:10 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by Excited Penguin - July 26, 2016 at 6:42 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by The Grand Nudger - July 26, 2016 at 9:27 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by Excited Penguin - July 26, 2016 at 9:29 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by The Grand Nudger - July 26, 2016 at 10:14 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by Excited Penguin - July 26, 2016 at 10:30 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by The Grand Nudger - July 26, 2016 at 10:36 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by Excited Penguin - July 26, 2016 at 10:37 am
RE: Tesla Master Plan, Part Deux - by The Grand Nudger - July 26, 2016 at 10:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to master Google Search Heat 12 2507 February 6, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  The internet should have a plan B Gooders1002 11 3710 July 30, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  Best Computer Part Suppliers (UK)? Tiberius 4 1994 October 6, 2011 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn