Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 11:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberals on this forum are irrational
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational
(June 3, 2011 at 1:46 am)Dean-o Wrote: Maybe I could have put it more eloquently than I did with that drunken rant. More sober, let me explain the point I was trying to get across.

First off, let me say it is not just liberals on this forum. I was once called a racist because I disagreed with Obama's interventionist foreign policy. It was a discussion of Iraq and Afghanistan at the time, but now we can include Libya.

It seems that now that we have a black president the race card is the best card to pull. Even though Ron Paul denounced the racist that donated to his2008 campaign, he is still called a racist. His son, Rand, has also been attacked this way. During an interview with Rachel Maddow he said he would not repeal the Civil rights act. In fact, he stated that he agreed with 9 out of 10 parts of the act and that would have been enough for him to vote for it. But MSNBC edited that interview to make it look like Rand would not have voted for it and wants to repeal it.

This is common place among liberals. If you make your opponent look like a racist, everything he says is taken with a grain of salt.

Wait..you are blaming Ron Pauls racism on the media reporting it?

Dude, you totally did a fox news turn around on us. You are actually claiming that "liberal media" spins it? Did you NOT hear Ron Paul in HIS OWN VOICE on the young turks video saying to jail people for going to "the wrong" public speeches? Thats pretty douchy and anti-freedom, especially coming from someone who claims to be libertarian leaning.

Are there any other Conspiracy Theories you would like to bring to this forum's attention Dean-O..perhaps the "liberal media" is spinning that Ron Paul may take over those "FEMA concentration camps" I keep hearing about.
(June 3, 2011 at 2:31 am)Dean-o Wrote:
(June 3, 2011 at 2:16 am)Minimalist Wrote: This guy nails Paul....and his dear old fucked up daddy...pretty well.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010...bertarian/

Quote:First off, I don’t think Rand Paul is a racist, not consciously at least. He simply represents a mindset that is completely ignorant and disinterested in all issues concerning race and racism. He’s disinterested in how that affects people in this country who happen to not look like him. He is primarily concerned with preserving the liberties of those who happen to look like him. That’s essentially the nature of true libertarians. That’s why his father has been relegated to the margins in politics. That’s why we don’t have national libertarian candidates. While their views may be based on principles, they are not based on reality.

The problem with the portion I put in bold is that freedom is freedom. It doesn't matter what race, religion or creed you are. White people are not the only ones to own businesses anymore. Black people own businesses too. If they wanted to say "This is my property and you are white, so fuck off." that is their right. And do you honestly think that a business that only allowed one race could actually survive today?

So..just wondering Dean-o.

Will slavery be legal in this libertarian utopia of yours?
(June 3, 2011 at 8:09 am)FaithNoMore Wrote: As long as that race was whites then yes, it would, and to say otherwise shows how naive you are about the racial views of a large portion of the U.S.

That tends to be the template with all of the Libertarians on this forum I have met so far. I do not think they have a hidden agenda. I honestly believe they are THAT ignorant of modern race relations.
(June 3, 2011 at 10:34 am)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: But that's okay, because Rand is just against the Civil Rights act because it affects private business, who should totally be able to discriminate against people based on nothing more than their skin color.

..because, to libertarians, the freedom of the white majority to have a choice wether to descriminate against non-whites or not OUTWEIGHS the freedoms of the non-white minority to choose NOT to be descriminated against.

Discrimination DESTROYS freedom.

In the name of "freedom", the libertarians would pull race relations in this country back to post civil war era sentiments by removing the colar placed on it in the 60's.

Can you imagine an ATHEIST trying to get a job in this "Libertarian paradise" they think of? Is everyone prepared on this board to act like Christians, and not even THINK of touching anything atheist online for fear of being caught and blacklisted? Black lists are illegal, but under Libertarian rule they would not be..meaning a single company you worked for (who's christian owner discovered you are an atheist..or even just accused you of it) can put your name on a list, and EVERY SINGLE COMPANY who deals with that list will refuse to hire you based on that list alone. Employers could fire for any reason, and actually force religious ceremonies to be performed by their employers for fear of termination. Women would have only secretary jobs (and only the best felators will be the highest paid).... blacks would be janitors, and only if they even like them in the building at all.

This is what Dean-o and Adrian are supporting... its not just race descrimination..its a return to sexism as well. Its not that they are sexist, or racist..its just that they want to pull the reigns off that have stopped this from hapening in the 21st century with the naive idea that "nobody is racist anymore..so we dont need these laws"

Hey..if nobody is racist anymore.... then the laws will not need to be enforced..isnt that nice! Keep them on the books just in case.

Then again, I am not naive about race relations.

...and we will not be able to sue because it is all legal in their minds.

Messages In This Thread
Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Dean-o - June 2, 2011 at 4:20 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Violet - June 2, 2011 at 4:53 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by JohnDG - June 8, 2011 at 6:04 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Violet - June 8, 2011 at 6:41 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Dean-o - June 2, 2011 at 5:00 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Violet - June 2, 2011 at 4:59 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Dean-o - June 2, 2011 at 5:15 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Violet - June 2, 2011 at 5:13 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Dean-o - June 2, 2011 at 5:19 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by leo-rcc - June 2, 2011 at 8:17 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Violet - June 2, 2011 at 2:19 pm
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Dean-o - June 2, 2011 at 5:26 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Violet - June 2, 2011 at 5:30 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Tiberius - June 2, 2011 at 12:39 pm
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Shell B - June 2, 2011 at 12:43 pm
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Darth - June 2, 2011 at 1:24 pm
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Tiberius - June 3, 2011 at 10:05 pm
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by leo-rcc - June 8, 2011 at 5:58 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Violet - June 2, 2011 at 7:22 pm
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Dean-o - June 3, 2011 at 1:46 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Shell B - June 3, 2011 at 1:50 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Dean-o - June 3, 2011 at 1:56 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by reverendjeremiah - June 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Shell B - June 3, 2011 at 2:00 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Dean-o - June 3, 2011 at 2:27 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Jaysyn - June 3, 2011 at 11:20 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Violet - June 3, 2011 at 2:14 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Dean-o - June 3, 2011 at 2:31 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Shell B - June 3, 2011 at 2:29 am
RE: Liberals on this forum are irrational - by Violet - June 4, 2011 at 4:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED. Brian37 66 5327 February 21, 2019 at 7:59 am
Last Post: DLJ
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4428 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2668 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Laura Ingraham equates liberals to an STD. Brian37 5 761 February 24, 2018 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Liberals versus Leftists Neo-Scholastic 67 12156 November 5, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  'Big Joe' Humbles a group of liberals ErGingerbreadMandude 26 5952 January 25, 2017 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Anti-Science: Liberals and Conservatives HAL9000 16 5148 June 28, 2013 at 6:44 am
Last Post: HAL9000
  How can the paramount good for liberals and conservatives be reconciled? Whateverist 10 5434 May 30, 2013 at 10:03 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals? Diamond 12 4491 July 12, 2012 at 4:04 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Infamous "Liberals" reverendjeremiah 29 10534 February 18, 2012 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye