Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals?
Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwVPiAjSu...ture=g-u-u

I myself am not surprised. Like the saying that Uygur had repeated in the video, ignorance is bliss.Tongue
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
RE: Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals?
TIL having a brain makes me sad. Whodathunkit?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
It's hard to stay upbeat when you can see the world for what it is.

Look to the future, for our only hope lies there.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Many liberals I know are disappointed because they were born too early.

Consequently, I've observed that many self-described "far right" conservatives have been born several hundred years too late.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
For course they're happier, they know they're right.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I don't find that to be true at all. "Conservatives" are generally angry because they perceive that they are losing control. One headline like this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/17...23230.html

Quote:Minority Birth Rate Now Surpasses Whites In US, Census Shows

is sufficient to drive them stark, raving, nuts.
Ignorance is bliss. No other way to say that? lol
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
Might as well ask if book-burners are happier than literature addicts.
Whether the latter is less upbeat is besides the point. By definition the latter would be generally more informed and therefore better equipped to converse intelligently and make better decisions.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Smiling inappropriately often is a warning that the person is; shallow and/or stupid and/or utterly insensitive and /or mentally ill, AND so annoying you just want to hit them with the nearest blunt object. Angel Cloud
Conservatives are like overgrown babies, still clinging to their precious 1950's. Ya know, that golden time when your wife would bring you your slippers and your mistress would take care of herself with a coat hanger. No muss, no fuss. You didn't even have to use the same bathroom as a "colored man", and the world was at peace.

I would argue that it's impossible for a conservative to ever be truly happy. First you have to have feelings. I don't know, there might be some reasonable conservatives out there, but I've yet to meet one personally. They always come off as very cold, shallow... oblivious to suffering. Some of them even seem like they're just assholes for the sake of being an asshole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1462 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8888 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Asshole conservatives. Jehanne 3 400 July 11, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 575 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED. Brian37 66 4845 February 21, 2019 at 7:59 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Why Do Republicans/Conservatives Bend Over Backwards for Companies? Jade-Green Stone 14 1422 November 28, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4359 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2622 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Conservatives threaten to boycott Netflix Foxaèr 63 9865 May 28, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: julep
  Laura Ingraham equates liberals to an STD. Brian37 5 721 February 24, 2018 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Cecelia