Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 3:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion should be encouraged if it has positive effects on people.What do you think?
RE: Religion should be encouraged if it has positive effects on people.What do you think?
(December 25, 2016 at 9:30 am)Mermaid Wrote:
(December 25, 2016 at 3:57 am)Rhythm Wrote: I suppose the trick would be finding something that cultivates inner peace, rather than cultivating pious professions of inner peace bundled with all the other shit.

Like Buddhism. Which isn't exactly a religion, but..

It is a religion, exactly, and even though the buddhists like to say they have inner peace without all the other shit (particularly those who have repackaged, rebranded and exported buddhism for a western audience, in order to gain western influence).. the truth of the matter is that buddhists get up to the other shit just as often as anyone else, their pious professions of inner peace being betrayed by their actions as a faith group- again, just like the rest.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Religion should be encouraged if it has positive effects on people.What do you think? - by The Grand Nudger - December 26, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 6159 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3436 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 2059 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Star A positive identity for atheists - Crusading Faithful Atheism Duty 95 6662 February 27, 2022 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Duty
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 1012 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 14118 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4510 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7292 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7497 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG
  Famous people losing their religion: stories Fake Messiah 14 2804 May 21, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan