Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 1:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad?
RE: Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad?
Saying that hate is bad is vague and meaningless, the question why is hate bad is vague and meaningless.  It puzzles me why people are scrambling to try and give sensible answers to a nonsense question.

Hate isn't necesserily bad, happy isn't necesserily good.  If you're happy because you murdered a pile of babies, not so good.  If you hate an abusive husband or family member hate could be an understandable and useful emotion.

I hate the smell of human shit, which is useful because it's pretty unhygenic to be near piles of human shit.  I've got a really intense dislike of being punched in the face or falling off roof tops, and those emotions have done well for me so far.

Anyone who is going around saying oversimplistic things like "hate is bad." might aswell be telling you to use the force or some other star wars bullshit.

Even if you're purely talking about hate from one human to another it depends what hate is driving you to do. If you think I hate that person I'm going to avoid them because they're violent, that might be good for your health.

If you think I hate that person who nudged me, I'm going to find out where they live and set thier house on fire that's not healthy.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? - by paulpablo - February 4, 2017 at 1:14 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Logical Observation About Racism. disobey 20 2211 August 23, 2023 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: MarcusA
  On theism, why do humans have moral duties even if there are objective moral values? Pnerd 37 3400 May 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If people were 100% rational, would the world be better? vulcanlogician 188 23841 August 30, 2021 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The reason we live nessahanalita 2 408 February 8, 2021 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Thoughts of Reason Foxaèr 22 1763 October 25, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Do things happen for a reason? Shazzalovesnovels 69 3933 August 4, 2020 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Information I hate human race,civilization and people in groups. MountainsWinAgain 48 14633 March 25, 2020 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Macoleco
  Can too much respect be bad? Fake Messiah 48 4984 January 14, 2020 at 11:28 am
Last Post: roofinggiant
  Technology, Good or Bad Overall? ColdComfort 41 6138 July 7, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Emotions are intrinsically good and bad Transcended Dimensions 713 111965 February 25, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: bennyboy