Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 5:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skinny Repeal Goes Down The Shitter, Too.
RE: Skinny Repeal Goes Down The Shitter, Too.
(July 28, 2017 at 5:21 pm)A Theist Wrote: I can see the Republicans losing the Senate in the mid terms as some of them face a pissed off base fueling primary challenges and third party challenges. All the Republicans bitched and moaned about for seven years was repealing Obamacare, and they failed to repeal it when they had the chance, having control of both Houses. McCain even had a 2016 campaign ad in which it was stated that he was leading the fight to repeal it. No repeal yet. As far as Obamacare, who can actually afford that shit? I draw social security and I work part time in a warehouse as a Non-Con Reach Truck  put away driver. The insurance deductibles where I work is far too expensive so I can't afford to get insurance through my employer. The wife tried to sign us up for Obamacare but it too was going to be far too expensive and they suggested that we should try for Medicaid in my state. Tried that, but Medicaid said I made too much money to qualify. Working part time on warehouse wages and drawing social security is making too much money? I'm part of the working poor who pays into the system, but can't benefit from the system, only to be fucked over by the system. The wife and I are without healthcare. Can't afford it. I think that every piece of shit in Washington who imposes mandates on everyone else in the country should participate in those mandates themselves.

Ok, so public healthcare is not accessible for you.  Private healthcare is not accessible for you.  Doesn't this fairly scream at you that something needs to be done?

Also, members of the US congress are mandated to obtained their health insurance via Obamacare exchanges.  

http://www.snopes.com/members-congress-health-care/

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skinny Repeal Goes Down The Shitter, Too. - by Aegon - July 28, 2017 at 12:53 pm
RE: Skinny Repeal Goes Down The Shitter, Too. - by GUBU - July 29, 2017 at 10:10 am
RE: Skinny Repeal Goes Down The Shitter, Too. - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - July 28, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1291 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1716 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4845 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Meanwhile, Down on the Border Yonadav 6 844 March 11, 2019 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 4296 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Does the media give too Trump too much attention GODZILLA 9 1361 October 21, 2018 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  The further dumbing down of the POTUS Joods 6 929 September 20, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica Foxaèr 8 1105 September 9, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: brewer
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1704 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 581 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist