Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaysus effin' Christ!! Santorum on abortion due to rape
RE: Jaysus effin' Christ!! Santorum on abortion due to rape
Zen Badger Wrote:Let me expand upon my original post so that there is no confusion.
Uh oh...too much expansion and my head may explode. I know, Honey Badger dont give a fuck...He'll eat it anyways,
Smile

Quote:If upon finding that she is pregnant for whatever reason, rape, incest or even just as a result of casual unprotected sex then it is that persons indisputable right to terminate that pregancy. How can it not be?
First - I would shy away from saying the word "right", as it is very difficult to seperate it from the word "opinion".
Second - I would also shy away from putting the modifier of "indisputable" next to the questionable word of "right" or "rights". Opinions are formed and legislated as "rights". If they can be taken away, then they arent "rights", as such a mixture of terms would suggest they are inherent and universally accepted.
I argue that the person who owns the womb, who sustains the womb with their own lifes blood, and has it as part of their personal and physical constitution can do with it as they deem fit. Just the same as I argue that a person should be allowed to keep or dispose of their ability to conceive as they see fit. Of course this can be legislated against, as just about anything you can imagine can be legislated for or against. An example would be the Eugenics programs that forced mentally inferior citizens to be sterilized. I never said that this would be an easy discussion.

Quote:But if she then carries that foetus for six months what other reason than medical can there be for terminating it?
A reason you may not agree with, or may not have expected. Perhaps she lost her job. Perhaps she decided simply that she was wrong in thinking that she wanted a baby. Any reason SHE deems to be reasonable to her at the moment she makes her choice to terminate.

Look at your question. I can easily reword it as; "Why would a woman terminate her pregnancy after 6 months if it was healthy? I wouldnt do it." The issue can go beyond the health of the baby. There are a multitude of reasons that can be brought forth for such a decision. Must we include the courts to "verify" if a personal decision to do with ones own body is "okay"?

Think of the pandoras box opened by legislating a pregnancy. Well, if she cant have an abortion after 6 months for the "its a healthy baby" argument, then why not legislate what she can eat? It is, after all, a new citizen she is forming in her womb. Let us legislate the proper nutrition she must have. What gets me, and I am not saying you are ANYTHING like this, but what gets me is that these pro-life people raise hell about abortion, yet at the same time wish to get rid of welfare and foodstamps, and WIC, etc.. They dont mind you being dirt poor as shit, working 2 jobs and still not getting by, dumping the entire cost of a pregnancy on the mother, but if she decides she cannot abide her pregnancy suddenly its all about "oh, the poor innocent baby! You are a murderer!" Yet all the time they support the rich/poor system, and they support the idea of the kid being just another slum resident, and would even say "yup, more worthless redneck babies", or ""Another nigger baby to rob the liquor store." and so on, and so on...

Im trying to shut pandoras box.

Quote:BTW I don't see the correlation between between late term abortion and a triple bypass.
I looked back and realized I was a bit off on my last post. Sorry about that...although it did have a good point. Sadly, it was unrelated to what you posted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaysus effin' Christ!! Santorum on abortion due to rape - by reverendjeremiah - January 28, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'God', the biggest practitioner of abortion! Simon Moon 65 5330 July 31, 2023 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals WinterHold 9 1421 May 25, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape. Foxaèr 122 16358 September 17, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: rado84
  What sucks due to my religion (for me). Mystic 81 10651 December 29, 2015 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Be consistent GOP.....Abortion..... Brian37 14 5132 December 1, 2015 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Abortion is love robvalue 308 53604 October 10, 2015 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Video Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice Mental Outlaw 16 4366 April 5, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Mormon: "There is no such thing as rape." Tiberius 148 35966 December 9, 2014 at 11:03 am
Last Post: John V
  Rape in the Bible Nope 152 14615 December 8, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Did King David rape Bath-sheba? Tonus 77 25285 December 3, 2014 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Drich