Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 1:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God)
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God)
This conversation is getting more bizarrely insipid by the second. And I'm seeing less and less reason to make any response at all. It's as though I see a guy walking down the street with a gigantic, poisonous leech on his back, so I elect to tell him, and he's like, "First you'll have to establish that my back was purposefully designed to accomodate leeches, then you'll have to proove that I in fact invited the leech onto my back of my own free will, and finally you'll have to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that this so-called leech you speak of in fact has poisonous blood sucking ability and a adverse motivation, and by the way I'm not going to believe you anyway because leeches aren't mentioned in the Bible."

Look. I don't have to prove that Jesus was trying to leverage people. I don't have to show that the Bible supports the Insanity Machine theory. All I have to show is that the Insanity Machine exists, and occurs most often among Christians. Anyone who opens their eyes, at all, should be able to easily come to this conclusion, especially with the evidence I've provided.

The Whore of Babylon is named "mystery." Her main gospel is the idea of truth which "is, yet isn't, yet is." The only way to come to a resolution of existential crisis is to accept a bit of mystery, and come to the conclusion that you "are, yet aren't, yet are," which is actually a neat little summation of the meaning of faith itself. Faith is distinguished from mere knowledge in that it admits of a little agnosticism, for the simple reason that the object of knowledge, in a worldly sense, does not exist, yet in a divine sense exists, so therefore, according to grace, does in fact exist.

The entire Book of Revelations is obviously designed to induce fear and destroy faith, because of an absolutist idea about existence, so that the voices in your head can argue from your existential crisis with the authority of God and the Bible to adopt any kind of conclusion without question because you're afraid of infinite hell. You're not allowed to have faith that your conclusion, that for instance God will allow you to join a different church, because you don't KNOW your conclusion, therefore the deliverence implied by it exists, yet doesn't, yet does. Thus the Book of Revelations is the most evil tract of bullshit ever written, designed to kill faith in Jesus, and bring all mankind under the uncompromising dominion of the Church. Not the "true Church," mind you, but the physical, worldly, man-created church.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by Aractus - November 18, 2012 at 2:42 am
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by Aractus - November 18, 2012 at 3:17 am
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by Cato - November 21, 2012 at 1:57 am
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by genkaus - November 18, 2012 at 10:09 am
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by Cinjin - November 18, 2012 at 3:12 pm
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by JohnDG - November 18, 2012 at 4:50 am
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by Drich - November 18, 2012 at 11:08 am
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by Drich - November 18, 2012 at 7:36 pm
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by Cato - November 18, 2012 at 11:36 pm
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by Angrboda - November 18, 2012 at 10:51 pm
RE: The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) - by MultipleTentacles - November 22, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The universe is just one enormous 'Soul Filtering machine' Simon Moon 76 13447 September 29, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  The Accidental Time Machine (SPOILER THREAD) atheist04330 10 2739 July 21, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Lets compile a list of everything wrong with christ-insanity heathendegenerate 176 33517 March 17, 2014 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  a sickness tricked me christian.. insanity within. heathendegenerate 1 1012 March 10, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12710 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6748 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  This Is What Xtian Insanity Looks Like Erinome 20 7802 November 19, 2011 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: zip_ster