Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 12:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds.
RE: 'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds.
I guess so...

I did not mean to make another straw man about Christians. I know you meant fundamentalists, and I am not trying to generalize. I think the leasers of America, and especially the people destroying the constitution are not Christian. They might say they are Christian, but I don't make that the only criteria for it as you do. They can say they are a moose, but it doesn't make it so.

I don't think Obama is a secret Muslim, but I doubt he is a practicing Cristian either. I wasn't trying to frame your argument in an unfair way to make it easier for me to disagree.

It just strikes me that we both see people trying to mess up long standing rules and foundations of the country, but you see them as Fundies and I see them as agnostics or even some weird Satanism. They certainly are in shady secret societies.

America is not a Christian nation, although they do prattle on about it. It may be a Jewish nation (but the would also be untrue, because people who only 'say' they are jewish are not, it is a racial identity). It is just funny that you see Fundies and I see Secularism, but we are both angry.

I'm sorry for being so fickle in the head that you think I keep making fallacies, but I am not trying to make the points you say I did. I know you meant Fundies, so I will now refer to them as Fundies and not Christians. And it is not a no true Scotsman fault as well, because where would we stand if I suddenly shouted "I am a true Scotsman!"? I mean, I am not. I have never been to Scotland. But could I turn around and deride anyone for arguing with me that they are in fallacy, when they are not.

So I maintain that those politicians are not Christian, in the sense that if they are they are going to Damnation for breaking EVERY rule they supposedly forward. they are only saying they are beleivers to try to win points in hearts and minds.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Atheist' nations more peaceful, Global Peace Index study finds. - by Pippy - January 10, 2010 at 12:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is life more satisfying as an atheist or religionist? FrustratedFool 96 4962 November 10, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050. Nishant Xavier 270 13897 September 30, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Sincere and peaceful believers are tough people purplepurpose 4 1099 September 27, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheist VS Naturalist - the latter sounds more appealing to me... Duty 385 34025 June 8, 2020 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1256 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Study finds link between brain damage and fundamentalism drfuzzy 13 4214 May 16, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Survey study on atheists! atheist_researcher 11 1596 October 31, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Ugh, how come I, an atheist, have the ability to ACT more "Christian" than...... maestroanth 7 1823 April 9, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Religious kids more likely to be cunts than atheist ones Napoléon 12 2848 November 6, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  More atheist men than women? Catholic_Lady 203 30439 July 9, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus