Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution
RE: Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution
(October 4, 2013 at 12:31 pm)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote:
(October 4, 2013 at 12:22 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Just like I brought up nylon-eating bacteria which I know will be ignored.

What about MRSA and other antibiotic-resistant bacteria? Now TGAC points out how some insects are becoming resistant to insecticides.

If evolution is a false theory just made up by God-denying scientists, how do you explain this very real phenomena? Evolution explains it, does your god?

Waiting for an answer.... (which likely will never come)

But the bacteria are still bacteria. So there is no proof there.

The dogs are still dogs.
Cats are still cats.

Sure, the allele distribution in the population may change due to selective breeding or a change in the environment causing certain alleles to be more advantageous, but that is just already existing alleles. You might even have a new allele from a mutation. But the gene itself already existed.

Give all know evidence of one kind changing into another kind.
Without that you have no evidence.

All of life shares the same DNA. The same genes and mechanisms occur in humans, apes, octopi, peas, bacteria, ...

The coding for proteins is the same. The mechanisms for replication are the same.

When we compare DNA across life, we see a tree of relatedness that marks common ancestry.

That evidence alone is overwhelming. And that's not the only evidence.

Quote:
(October 4, 2013 at 12:10 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/309/5735/764

I have no need to explain to you the concept of evolution aswell as the concept of mutation, let alone explain to you that a mutation is not just simply a thrid arm growing out of your back as a 8 year old may believe.

I simply have to show current examples of plants and animals gaining resistance to medication and pesticides and then wach you ignore this post since you dont have a viable explaination for current adaptations of species to it`s surroundings.
Just selection of existing alleles or a mutation causing an new allele.
But they are still the same kind.

Provide one example of one kind becoming another kind.

What the actual fuck is a kind?

Google Tiktaalik roseae.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution - by Chas - October 4, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a theory about modern xtian deconversion drfuzzy 14 2969 April 29, 2016 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  You Can't Disprove a Miracle Rhondazvous 155 17072 March 18, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Hi, I'm a Christian. Help Me Disprove My Religion! WishfulThinking 265 61728 October 11, 2015 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Planet Bieber update: Justin debunks the big bang theory TubbyTubby 32 6249 October 1, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Debunking the "Dying and Rising Gods" Theory Randy Carson 55 16170 September 22, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Christians to die out by diminished gene pool theory (sub-species) TubbyTubby 20 3481 August 20, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  DEBUNKING THE CONSPIRACY THEORY Randy Carson 230 45124 August 19, 2015 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's say the multiverse theory is true, how would a Christian insert God...? Mr. Moncrieff 21 7223 March 1, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  The dates given by AOS for past events may actually disprove evolution entirely SavedByGraceThruFaith 216 61739 October 14, 2013 at 6:05 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Do you believe in the mythist theory ? viocjit 14 5092 June 4, 2013 at 2:51 am
Last Post: FifthElement