Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 4:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did the myth of Jesus' resurrection originate?
RE: How did the myth of Jesus' resurrection originate?
(November 12, 2013 at 5:54 pm)max-greece Wrote: GC

GC Wrote:"An angel, he rolled away the stone, the angel knew Jesus was going to raise from the dead, no need to steal the body. Just like a lot of ancient history we assume it to be true..."

This is your answer? Really? The young man was an angel and Mark forgot to mention it?

You go on to say just like a lot of history we assume it to be true - an ANGEL???!!! I don't recall any item of history outside of a religious text that cites an imaginary being and then assumes it to be true - do you?

This is the way you presented what I said, you purposely left off the end of the statement so you could make a joke of what I stated.

GC Wrote:An angel, he rolled away the stone, the angel knew Jesus was going to raise from the dead, no need to steal the body. Just like a lot of human history we assume it to be true, why, because there was no need to lie.

This is what I stated, it was in reply to your questions which you also omitted to confuse the situation.

max-greece Wrote:Who was the young man?
What was he doing sitting besides a tomb in the morning?
How do we know that the young man and Joseph were not in league to steal the body?
How do we know it was even Joseph's tomb as he claimed?

An angel, answers your first question.
he rolled away the stone, answers your second question.
the angel knew Jesus was going to raise from the dead, no need to steal the body, answers your third question?
Just like a lot of human history, we assume it to be true, why, because there was no need to lie, answers your fourth question.
You manipulated my statement to make a joke of it, completely dishonest, you are shooting your reputation in the foot with the Christians here.

By the way you need to study history before making yourself look real dumb, tombs of that period always had a large dip in the groove the stone sat in to keep people from rolling it away and robbing the tomb. Go roll a big rock into a ditch, then try rolling it out, careful though we wouldn't want you to injure your toes. No two men could have moved the stone in front of Jesus tomb.

GC

@ max-greece, Joseph of Arimathea was a respected member of the Council, Mark 15:43. He was a member of the Jewish priest, in Mark 14:53 we are told who makes up the Council.

A priest would not steal a dead body, it would be against what he perceived as right and just.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did the myth of Jesus' resurrection originate? - by Godschild - November 13, 2013 at 5:15 am
RE: How did the myth of Jesus' resurrection originate? - by Ksa - December 15, 2013 at 11:30 pm
RE: How did the myth of Jesus' resurrection originate? - by Ksa - December 15, 2013 at 11:51 pm
RE: How did the myth of Jesus' resurrection originate? - by Ksa - December 16, 2013 at 10:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 20166 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16057 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 14571 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4513 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 6296 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus decompose? Natachan 77 6384 March 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8920 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How long did Jesus spend in Hell? Gawdzilla Sama 43 7302 February 5, 2018 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Travis Walton versus The Resurrection. Jehanne 61 15950 November 29, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Did Jesus Christ ever tell a joke ? The Wise Joker 12 2757 January 31, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0