Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long did Jesus spend in Hell?
How long did Jesus spend in Hell?
"Three days" is the reflexive answer, but let's do the math. 

He was taken down from the cross at sundown, IIRC. So that's, let's say, 6 PM, or .25 days.

He wasn't seen from that point through Saturday. Give him all of Saturday, midnight to midnight. That adds up to 1.25 days.

He wasn't in the tomb when the ladies came on Sunday morning. So another .25 days. That's 1.5 days.
RE: How long did Jesus spend in Hell?
Jewsus Crust spent 2 minutes and 4 nano seconds in hell.
(January 30, 2018 at 10:03 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "Three days" is the reflexive answer, but let's do the math. 

He was taken down from the cross at sundown, IIRC. So that's, let's say, 6 PM, or .25 days.

He wasn't seen from that point through Saturday. Give him all of Saturday, midnight to midnight. That adds up to 1.25 days.

He wasn't in the tomb when the ladies came on Sunday morning. So another .25 days. That's 1.5 days.

I don't think they cared too much about the maths.
(January 30, 2018 at 10:15 am)Grandizer Wrote:
(January 30, 2018 at 10:03 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "Three days" is the reflexive answer, but let's do the math. 

I don't think they cared too much about the maths.

Or reality in general, true. But I like to correct them, it pisses them off.  Sleepy
Doesn't really matter how long. It wasn't an eternity, so it wasn't a true sacrifice in the first place. I wonder how many people sacrificed livestock, then got that same animal back a few days later. When did sacrifice turn into temporary seperation and return? If all I needed to be gifted a country was let someone kill me, and then come back in less than a weak, I'd be running in front of a firing squad in a heartbeat.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(January 30, 2018 at 10:53 am)Chad32 Wrote: Doesn't really matter how long. It wasn't an eternity, so it wasn't a true sacrifice in the first place. I wonder how many people sacrificed livestock, then got that same animal back a few days later. When did sacrifice turn into temporary seperation and return? If all I needed to be gifted a country was let someone kill me, and then come back in less than a weak, I'd be running in front of a firing squad in a heartbeat.

"Spend a weekend in Lodi and you'll be #2 in the Universe when you get out."  Jerkoff
There is no hell and there was no jesus.
(January 30, 2018 at 11:19 am)Minimalist Wrote: There is no hell and there was no jesus.

No Hell? You've never had to change planes in Atlanta.
(January 30, 2018 at 11:44 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(January 30, 2018 at 11:19 am)Minimalist Wrote: There is no hell and there was no jesus.

No Hell? You've never had to change planes in Atlanta.

Son of a bitch, you got me. Yes ATL is airline hell.
Imagine Jesus' torments in Hell !!

He has to earn Salvation for ALL his potential believers to come !! It would have been BRUTAL, even by Hell's standards. Satan himself would have personally administered His punishments.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19185 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4407 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5872 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus decompose? Natachan 77 5882 March 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8501 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Exclamation Christianity is Dead, Long live the rEvolution! Bow Before Zeus 77 14683 December 26, 2017 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How long will Christians wait for Jesus? Fake Messiah 150 32307 February 24, 2017 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Did Jesus Christ ever tell a joke ? The Wise Joker 12 2701 January 31, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23924 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2767 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah