Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 4:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ
RE: Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ
(April 10, 2014 at 3:17 am)DarkHorse Wrote:
(April 9, 2014 at 10:52 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I respectfully disagree. Have you ever read the Bible from beginning to end? Or perhaps, like most on this forum, just jumped around to atheist sites that pick and choose a handful of Scriptures out of context and twist them into a pretzel? Not buying your scrutiny of something you never really studied.

Here's a question for you Rev. Have you ever STUDIED the bible from beginning to end? Well, I did, because I was once studying to become a minister. The fact that I started seeing the bible as a pile of shit, what does that tell you? From your answers, and the way you word things, I can almost guarantee you that know very little about the book you keep spouting on about.

I do have a lot to learn that is for sure. I feel like your situation might be the saddest of all. I can't judge your heart but I do know that there are those who have read and even studied the Scripture and still the veil over their heart remains. I still hope and pray that someday soon you can with a humble heart and spirit revisit the Word of God and He can open your eyes to His glorious plan for us. Till then, yes, I need to continue to learn myself and study. Blessings.

(April 10, 2014 at 3:17 am)DarkHorse Wrote:
(April 9, 2014 at 10:52 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I respectfully disagree. Have you ever read the Bible from beginning to end? Or perhaps, like most on this forum, just jumped around to atheist sites that pick and choose a handful of Scriptures out of context and twist them into a pretzel? Not buying your scrutiny of something you never really studied.

Here's a question for you Rev. Have you ever STUDIED the bible from beginning to end? Well, I did, because I was once studying to become a minister. The fact that I started seeing the bible as a pile of shit, what does that tell you? From your answers, and the way you word things, I can almost guarantee you that know very little about the book you keep spouting on about.

By the way I see your screen name is "dark horse." Are you aware of Katy Perry's song and the meaning behind it?

(April 10, 2014 at 1:49 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(April 9, 2014 at 12:24 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: @OP (rev777)

Just what is it you think you have to offer me?

Few of the people I care about in this world subscribe to your particular brand of bullshit, so I have to assume that they won't be in your heaven. 75% of the people I have ever cared about are already dead.

I have no desire for an eternal existence. I have no desire for, or need of salvation.

Your god, as portrayed in your bible, is - in my estimation - not a good example of a moral or righteous power, and furthermore, appears to be evil, and an enormous cock to boot.

I can be an ethical, moral person without faith.

I repeat - what precisely do you think you have to offer?

You disappoint me, Rev. What is it? Can't manage to find an answer for the really tough questions? Not even a single trite platitude?

Or is it just that you think my heart is so hardened that I'm beyond redemption and am destined for hell?

I am sorry you have been hurt and disappointed. I admit, many Christians, including myself, have done a poor job of representing Christ. I have to offer you hope and love through Christ. He loves you deeply regardless of what you think of Him. I don't have all the answers to tough questions. I do not believe your heart is so hard that it is unreachable. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate at it and I will pray even though you might think that is an exercise in futility. I believe it is powerful and want to stand in the gap for my angry cloud friend.

(April 10, 2014 at 12:12 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(April 9, 2014 at 11:46 pm)Esquilax Wrote: And you can "respectfully disagree" all you want: come back with an actual argument, and that might even mean something.

I don't believe he's actually capable of actual argument. Or of directly responding to a direct challenge. He did get snooty with a thinly veiled threat earlier, though, don't remember whether it was in this thread or the other. Something about "you'll see how civilized it gets when the prophesies are realized." Good times, that.

No, I am planning on starting a thread to specifically address some issues about evolution. That thread I am hoping to have more logical debate.

(April 9, 2014 at 11:21 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote:
(April 9, 2014 at 11:02 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: To me religion is trying to follow a set of rules or traditions to try to relate to God. Jesus, is real, and I have a relationship with Him. I worship Him as God. Jesus created everything and will be King over all the earth.

"To me" -- you begin -- yes, you are redefining the word 'religion' to suit your purposes. This is dishonest. You just want to make it seem as if your religion is some how unique among other religions and it is not.

Your Jesus character lives only between your ears. This is obvious to those of us who can see you from outside of your brainwashing bubble.

This magical-beediddly-thwap in the sky that you claim to worship is you. If you really had a connection to an all-knowing being then you would be able to provide some evidence of that. And the very best that you give us is -- it says "dickety-fuckety-doo" in a magic story book.

Do you think that I should be impressed? Honestly -- have you provided a single piece of information that I should find the least bit impressive?

The Jesus then seems to be between a lot of persons ears. But more importantly residing in millions and millions of people's hearts.

(April 9, 2014 at 1:20 am)Minimalist Wrote: This fuckhead is almost (stress "ALMOST") making me miss G-C.

Good morning Minimalist, how are you today?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ - by Revelation777 - April 10, 2014 at 8:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2465 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4673 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1436 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8163 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 2056 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Creating Christ JML 26 3299 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3478 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1495 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3603 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2879 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer