Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ
RE: Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ
(April 14, 2014 at 4:55 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote:
(April 14, 2014 at 12:52 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Probably. After all, he was an atheist and most likely confined his loves and thoughts to the things of the material world.

So that makes it ok for him to be tortured for eternity does it? Talk about moral bankruptcy.

Dodgy

It appears God may of made a place for those who really want nothing to do with Him.

(April 13, 2014 at 11:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 10:24 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Are you blaming God? I thought you don't believe in Him?

I'm blaming shitheads like you who invent an all-powerful god and then make excuses for why he sits on his fucking ass while people die for no reason.

YOU...and other idiots like you...are the problem.

I didn't invent God. I learned about Him from a very young age and grew to love Him because He cares for and loves me. Now we have a great relationship with each other.

(April 13, 2014 at 11:07 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 9:43 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Firstly, it seems like you are getting into the habit of either asking a question and then put parameters around how we can respond to them. I don't think that is fair.

I'm trying to avoid the obvious dodges that theists use to avoid answering the question, so that I can get to the information that I want to know; namely, whether you derive your morals from an unchanging source, or whether they change as god's opinion does.

Surely you'd agree that, when you're asked "would X or Y change your position?" that answering "X or Y will never happen," doesn't answer the question?

Quote: Secondly, you are trying to ask a hypothetical with what intention, to trap me? They did the same to Jesus. I am not going to answer this one.

Trap you? No: I just want to know whether your moral positions shift along with the opinions of a conscious (divine or no) entity, or whether they're actually objective and remain true regardless of what anyone thinks of them.

Though I find it rather telling that you'd consider that question a trap: could it be that the answer that actually came to your mind struck you as somewhat troubling? Would posting it here make you look bad among the atheists? Thinking

I'm surprised you are judging me on a moral standard? Base on who? Or on what? Who sets it if there is no God?

(April 15, 2014 at 4:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
Quote:Yes, we put the Truth of God firstly because He said we shall know the truth and the truth will set us free.

Do us a favor, don't thank us for our feedback then spew feelgood utopia cliches at us. You don't want our feedback, you want to placate your own fantasies.

I didn't write the Word of God, I am just referring to it. Sorry it offends you to me it gives me hope.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ - by Revelation777 - April 15, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2355 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4644 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1408 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8101 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 2049 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Creating Christ JML 26 3248 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3445 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1486 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3556 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2864 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer