Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 10:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
10 Questions Every Christian Needs To Answer.
RE: 10 Questions Every Christian Needs To Answer.
(July 15, 2014 at 11:22 am)alpha male Wrote: You need to work on the list or the title, as I counted 15 questions.

ETA: Actually 4 and 6 start with "If..." questions, so that's 17.

(July 15, 2014 at 1:41 am)whateverist Wrote: 1. How is the method by which you became a Christian reliable?
N/A - I didn't claim that it's reliable. It's as reliable as the methodology I used for major life decisions like whether/who to marry, whether to have children, or what career to pursue. Seems good enough to me.
Quote:2. Apart from church dogma, how can you know what happens when we die?
I can't.
Quote:3. What if you and your silly bible are wrong and there is no heaven, hell or afterlife of any kind?
Then there's no afterlife. So what? I'm happier in this life as a Christian than I was before, so I've still gained from Christianity.
<snip>
Quote:8. What about miracles? Aside from the most ridiculous claims, wouldn't most of what technology makes possible today have seemed miraculous to the ancients? So what's the big deal?
The big deal is power over death. I don't know about you, but I like life and don't want it to end.
<snip>
Quote:10. If there is but one God, then why does every society have a different religion? [Props to Jenny.]
Because people like to make their own rules I suppose.

Nothing like honest answers.--- no sarcasm intended

I would question you about number one though. I think you have rather more to go on with marriage, career, and kids. I'm sure whether your wife exists was never a question and the only real question was were you choosing the right woman. Ditto career. You have to have one and there is some information about them though not how each one would turn out for you. And you can look at kids and how they turn out for other people.

If three is accurate, more power to you, provided you don't try to legislate law requiring that the rest of us try it.

The answer to question eight seems to be that "I'd rather believe things are the way I'd like them to be than not." Is that a fair assessment?

The answer to question ten is the only one I find really disingenuous. You don't think they reached their conclusion the same way you became a christian?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 Questions Every Christian Needs To Answer. - by Jenny A - July 15, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Devil just needs a character rewrite Nachos_of_Nurgle 16 1607 February 16, 2022 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5507 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90851 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2952 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10257 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Xhristards - Getting Stupider Every Day Minimalist 10 1241 July 25, 2018 at 5:42 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15370 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19193 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  questions for a christian lighthouse 43 8765 January 17, 2017 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Papers that every Christian should read! Jehanne 3 1003 December 8, 2016 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Jehanne