Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The less you attend church the more likly you are willing to support douch baggery
RE: The less you attend church the more likly you are willing to support douch baggery
(December 23, 2014 at 9:11 am)Drich Wrote: What you guys fail to understand through the thin veil of morality you hide behind.

Our failing to understand you isn't due to morality, it's to do with how good you are at communication combined with a stunned disbelief at some of the ridiculous bs you spout. Sometimes it beggars belief that you hold some of the positions that you do.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: It is not that I am pretending to say Those who seek redemption are better in any way.

At least you get how demonstrably untrue that is.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: As so many of you are so quick to point out, we understand we are often times worse than those who hide behind vain righteousness that is spawned from with in yourselves or your culture. That is why we often are made to seek redemption.

But apparently being made to try to be better people was an afterthought at best.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: It is because we can not pretend to be all high and mighty, or we understand that being "good Moral people" is the same as being the lessor of two evils (in the we are still evil) and as such still not worthy of eternal life.

I'm pretty sure that you're a special snowlflake in considering morality evil, so you might want to stay away from 'we'. What you're actually saying doesn't seem to be coherent. I can only imagine that your point is that no one is perfect, but you're on some sort of medication that makes your mind go around in a few circles before getting there.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: So that mean all the posts and posters who pointed out that I am less "moral" than you hold yourselves to are I deed correct.

That's fixable if you care to trouble yourself. I don't think the bar is set so high that it's impossible for you to be morally exemplary compared to the best of us or particularly hard to be as good as most of us.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: I don't pretend to hold myself to the standards of this generation's popular culture.

So you're a moral relativist. Intersting.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: As such I know I need to find attonement and redemption for my evil, and not just hide it by comparing it to another person's 'more' evil ways.

What a minimally decent person needs to do is learn from their mistakes and try to be a better person going forward. To know you're wrong about something and persist in it is far worse than doing wrong from ignorance or thoughtlessness.

And no one here is 'hiding' behind their supposed better morality. Morality isn't the kind of thing that anything can be hidden behind. It's a method for determining whether a behavior is right or wrong. Everyone has some measure of good and bad.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: What are examples of over sensitivity?
The reaction to the advanced interrogation techniques. Why isn't this torture? Again torture is not legal, these techniques were deemed legal.

It's an example of moral paucity to appeal to legal definitions to justify the morality of something. That's like saying something isn't wrong if it isn't on the books as a crime. Awful things can be legal, and harmless things can be illiegal. And you know that.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: The other example of over sensitivity was to the discussion of slavery we just had.

Please don't be about to try to justify slavery. Please.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: This is where common sense has failed most of you. In that we currently live in the backs of slaves and your over sensitivity to that word has kept you from acknowledging your personal role in the employment of slaves to provide you with the western life style you currently enjoy.

And that makes it right how?

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: This over sensitivity/loss of common sense has also kept you from acknoweledging that for those who are slaves need their slavery to survive. Because with out their jobs they would literally starve trying to live in the societal model we currently live in.

You seem to be using a peculiar meaning for 'slave'. Slaves don't get paid.

(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: I can think of a few more but I think the pot is stirred well enough.

You know what someone who just tries to stir the pot on the internet is, don't you?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Messages In This Thread
y - by simplemoss - December 23, 2014 at 1:24 am
RE: The less you attend church the more likly you are willing to support douch baggery - by Mister Agenda - December 23, 2014 at 1:29 pm
jerkoff - by Jenny A - December 23, 2014 at 10:47 pm
Banna Dance - by Jenny A - December 24, 2014 at 12:20 am
fappery - by Thumpalumpacus - December 23, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2485 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  How To Support Any Argument For God BrianSoddingBoru4 0 517 August 26, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are introverts less likely to like organised religion? Der/die AtheistIn 8 1407 March 22, 2018 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Poland will get the support of Vatican in the course of the spiritual re-union... abija 9 3123 June 22, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Would you attack the Church if you could? Macoleco 108 14488 December 19, 2016 at 2:31 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Study: religious children are less generous and more judgmental Aroura 17 4618 November 7, 2015 at 2:42 am
Last Post: GoHalos1993
  The more you attend Church, the more likely you are so support Torture. CapnAwesome 111 16330 December 23, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Creationist offers $10,000 to anyone willing to challenge literal interpretation of Genesis in court JesusHChrist 46 23383 April 11, 2013 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Garuda
  Support for JC as a real person Rokcet Scientist 4 1699 December 10, 2011 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  More thought leads to less certainty...? inflectious 7 2473 May 20, 2011 at 6:57 am
Last Post: tackattack