Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 12:41 pm

Poll: With my atheistic schema send me to Hell?
This poll is closed.
Yes. You're going to Hell.
12.50%
3 12.50%
No. All dogs go to heaven, bitch.
4.17%
1 4.17%
No.
16.67%
4 16.67%
No, so eat, drink, and be merry!
66.67%
16 66.67%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be honest, am I going to hell for "my" atheism?
RE: Be honest, am I going to hell for "my" atheism?
Lek: What you call "evidence" is what I call "reality". We have a data sample of one reality, nothing to compare it to.

What would our reality look like if it wasn't the result of an intelligent designer, and how do you know this? Science has amazing answers of how our universe works, all the way back to the big bang, without the needless assumption of any kind of interference from a god. So short of just making stuff up, or a god that acts in ways indistinguishable from him not existing at all, that only leaves a deistic god as a rational conclusion. Anything else is an argument from ignorance as far as I can see. "But maybe..." is an ad-hoc rationalization, and if it's an unfalsifiable statement, it's as useless as any other.

In other words, I think that whatever you see, whatever you experience, you will find a way to see it as credible evidence for what you already believe. I'm in the same reality as you and I see absolutely nothing.

It's the oldest trick in the book to blame me for that. I'm not trying hard enough! It's not my time! I will see it soon! These are all standards by which god cannot fail. In other words, you can "prove" he exists even if he doesn't. That should be troubling? Can you give an example of any criteria, any event, anything at all that you would not consider evidence for god? Is there a way your evaluation can fail? If it cannot, then it's not an evaluation, it's a baseless assumption.

And the "evidence" you see is at best only a demonstration of a generic creator. How do you explain switching in the god of the bible? Whatever argument you make that god = your god can be just as easily made for any other god FSM Grin Is god different for each person, depending on their opinions, depending on what part of the world they are born in? Whatever book they like the most? Whatever story sounds the most appealing?

Or is he just a continually adjusting abstract notion that hides in the gaps and swerves critical analysis?

Sorry for the third degree Big Grin I don't mean to be aggressive, they are just friendly questions to probe thought and discussion  Smile

He's welcome to show up any time and smash my ignorant face in. God, I give you permission to rip my guts out and makes my eyes explode. Go! Do something man! Why are you leaving your followers with nothing tangible to throw in the face of us thick skulled atheists? Why you are letting us call you a bollock sandwich?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be honest, am I going to hell for "my" atheism? - by robvalue - April 1, 2015 at 2:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2379 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Credible/Honest Apologetics? TheJefe817 212 21508 August 8, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1579 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2890 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 3164 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 10062 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD! drfuzzy 148 34485 January 5, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Nice Going, "God." Minimalist 65 17751 October 13, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5127 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2900 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah