Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 1:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you care about your significant other's sexual past?
RE: Do you care about your significant other's sexual past?
That they had a lot of sex, no, it's not something I care about.  No, wait, actually, I like a lot of sex, so it would be a recommendation of sorts. And a prudish background might give me a little concern, but it's pretty easy to try out whether that's a problem. 

What would concern me is a history of infidelity.  If you promise someone you only have sex with them and then cheat, chances are higher you'll do that again.  That would worry me, especially if I found out through a third party. To be clear, that's not the same as having multiple partners at once. As long as it's all above board, not a problem.

(April 19, 2015 at 11:17 pm)Exian Wrote: Once upon a time I cared. 10 years later, I could care less as long as there's no diseases.

Which sort of leads into a discussion of cheating. There was a time when sexual intamacy and being "special" was extremely important to me. After my ex and I split, I dated a few girls who were all very nice and lovely, and each of them would have made good long-term partners. But something dawned on me, which was the idea that if they cheated on me, I wouldn't care, as long as it was safe, and no diseases were transmitted. At first I thought this was a reflection of how little I really cared for that person, how bonded I was, and I subsequently broke it off with many of them, but now I just think its an extension of having realistic expectations and ideals of what love means.

I'm still not confident that this is the right way to go about things, so I thought I'd air it out. If a woman was honest with me and wanted to have other sexual partners, I'd say go for it and get tested. Am I wrong in viewing this as an extension of being at peace with your partners past?

I think this is a very personal matter.  It matters to me that if I promise fidelity, I give it and that if I am promised fidelity I get it.  It's about integrity.

But I've had more than one partner at once.  It's just that I was open about it.  Honesty is important.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you care about your significant other's sexual past? - by Jenny A - April 19, 2015 at 11:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 921 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2262 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 414 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Fun phrases from other countries/cultures. Gawdzilla Sama 3 359 August 3, 2020 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions? no one 21 3027 June 11, 2020 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Other forums you belong to... arewethereyet 9 929 June 8, 2020 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1519 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  How were past times so violent? Macoleco 17 1222 April 19, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] How do you get over your past mistakes? [Please Don't judge me] GODZILLA 12 1204 June 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Interlocutor and other ugly words. Succubus 0 225 March 29, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Succubus